How did you meet your partner?

186

Most Helpful Girl

• Online!

I had a friend in college who played computer games with a few guys he met online (through WoW and L2). They had met up once I think for a LAN. One day my friend somehow convinced me to try League of Legends and I actually really enjoyed it. Started learning how to play and was invited to play with his friends online.

There was one guy I instantly thought was hilarious, but he had a girlfriend so I didn't really speak to him that much. We just played together. About a year or so went by, I ended up trying out new games with them and got to know them all a bit better. Him and his girlfriend ended up breaking up.

About 6 months after that the group was kind of falling apart a little bit. Everyone was busy with university and getting jobs, there was only a couple of us who still spoke everyday. But me and him were always "night owls" and would end up staying up later than everyone else. This is when we started getting really close, sharing music at first and talking about memories whilst we played games. We would often find ourselves saying "ok time for bed" at about 3am, then next minute it would 7am and we would still be laughing and talking. I started to like him and had a feeling he felt the same way. We just clicked so well and I had never had so much fun with someone.

Another 2 years went by and we finally both confessed we had fallen for each other and had feelings for the last 2 years. I don't know why we didn't say earlier on, I guess we both just felt like it was a one way thing and didn't want to risk ruining a great friendship. We met up in person for the first time and instantly connected. It wasn't awkward or weird, it was practically perfect and just felt "right". He asked me out pretty much straight afterwards and likes to tell everyone it was the longest courting of his life.

• Proper nerds

• So? Nerds because we have a fun hobby together? Fair enough that's fine with me. Pretty sure there are plenty of guys who wish they were lucky enough to meet a gamer girlfriend online lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• On the roof of my old school, back when I was having a seriously bad time. She came to me as the only gentle soul around, and picked me right up from that slum I was in. We just started off as friends, though we shared many hobbies and had similar philosophies, and after a few months, we made it official.

What Girls Said 17

• I met him at preschool when I was five years old, he got dropped off after his morning kindergarten. He lived two houses down the road from me, we just started playing together every day. We became friends, best friends, best friends forever, romantic interests, one day he asked me to marry him after we had been talking about it forever.

• I didn't

• I bought him at a dealership (my car) lol. He never does me wrong and I love him to pieces. 😁

• I guess you 2 only ever do it in cowgirl

• For the most part... yes. I'm the dominant on this relationship.

• Fell off a ski lift and he came to my rescue

• Library. I was listening to him taking quietly to a friend before I found him staring at me while I was reading.

• Through a mutual friend

• We met over a probter

• In a market. I was working, he was shopping.

• We both worked at Walmart..

• Known him my whole life

• I met myself when I looked in the mirror the first time

• I haven't yet

• via facebook and then we went out for coffes

• Horseback riding

• he had me brought to his office

• Sound like a hooker lol

• actually he hired me to be his tutor but changed his mind and asked me to be his secretary lol

• On here by sheer accident.

• I took a class that he taught

What Guys Said 5

• On here

• At a poster board presentation/expo for Psych class. Sat on opposite ends of the class and hadn't talked before that.

• on OKCupid :-D

• In my university library. I would go every day at 6pm and she would be there too. One day I talked to her, asked her name and her number and the rest is history. 1 year officially next week.

• on a chat site.