Do outdoor-loving guys only want outdoor-loving women?

I'm really attracted to outdoorsy type guys... guys who like camping, snowboarding, dirt biking, etc. However... I am totally an indoor girl. I've tried doing all those activities, but they just aren't for me. My idea of fun is going to movies, trying out new bars, going to dinner with friends... more nightlife type stuff, I guess. Is this a turn-off to most men? I'm not sporty or athletic, but I'm very career driven, independent, and keep busy with my own goals. I want a man who does his outdoor hobbies with friends, and then likes doing low-key dates with me. Is this realistic? Are there lots of guys out there who are ok with dating women like me?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• There will be some that are okay with that, but like me I imagine most outdoorsy types like you described would want an outdoorsy type woman so that they can share their love of the outdoors with the partner they love. However some might be okay with it if you leave them to their hobbies like you said you would, but due to the difference there may be some issues to work through

Most Helpful Girl

• This is silly why would you be into them if you can't have any shared activities?

He spends 40 hours a week indoors and wants to spend his free time outdoors. This doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy movies and such a night but if the sun is up it's time for activities and activities happen outside.

Your telling me even when it's perfect weather you don't want to go for a stroll? You don't like swimming or anything? That's no way to live.

What Guys Said 1

• ya i'm more outdoorsy and i'd be fine with it. We dont have to do every little thing together, it'd be more like man cave time to me lol. say on like a Saturday in the morning and afternoon i'd go hiking or shooting but that night we could go to the movies together and out to eat

• Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about! Ok that's good to know, thank you.

What Girls Said 2

• Well my guy is really really into outdoors stuff, me less so. I do a fair amount of it together and enjoy it but when I've had enough I send him off to play with his buddies and I go do my own thing. It makes a nice balance, but I can't see us getting on too well if I wasn't good with some of it cuz we wouldn't have much in common.

• Or I should say, we wouldn't have a good balance and our time together, which is already challenged would be under more pressure.

• I have a feeling it may be difficult to find common ground with the difference of hobbies and interest. BUT I think if you could find a balance in both (he does too), it's VERY possible.