Why do you think that relationships are disposable now a days?

175

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not think that way, but it could be in large part because of our society today. We want instant gratification and if we do not get it then we dump it and find a different way to get what we want. It's also easier than ever to find a potential partner thanks to countless websites and apps so someone who is supposedly better is only a click away (what the websites want you to believe)

Most Helpful Girl

• Because being in a relationship isn't essential. We have so many other ways to be fulfilled. For one thing, we are so much more mobile than previous generations so and have so many other opportunities to do life-enriching things that simply weren't available in the past. There's so much content you get just from the internet in your home. So you don't need to feel loved as much when you can exchange kitten photos on Facebook. Lol!

Mostly, I think society is reacting against prior norms where being married was your main source of worth. We don't have to be married, so we're not in a hurry to choose a partner, so we're all a lot pickier. I actually think that's a good thing.

What Guys Said 4

• maybe its an effect of throw-away culture? everything is so fast paced nowadays, its all about trends and what new hair cut celebrities are having and shit.

• To me a relationship means a lot, depends who the relationship is between and what kind of raltionship

• The standards of todays society is built on top of feminist crap.

• Too many options because of social media and the internet.
    People aren't loyal.
    So much porn that people get off on that easily and don't need a sexual partner as much.

What Girls Said 16

• Definitely not all relationships are disposable. But, the ones that are disposable are the ones people rush into. They're the relationships where people say they love each other when they don't even know what love is.

• I think particularly in younger couples, relationships don't last because there are more accessible ways to meet new people with tinder and fb etc so there are always more options.

• I think that a lot of people expect the other person to carry their emotional baggage. It's one thing to be emotionally present for that other person but to have a bunch of problems and expect that other person to learn to cope with it all the time is too much. Life is too complicated these days for unnecessary problems and too many people bring those in.

• I don't know people don't give much importance to commitment nowadays and its pretty sad tho

• Because people dont want to solve problems anymore. Marriage etc is disposable as they just get divorced and thats it whereas before they believed its a vow of god so they have to work at it

• Because a lot of people lack the efforts (patience, care, selflessness etc) that is needed for a long and fruitful relationship. They easily dispose of something that requires just sitting and talking through.

• I don't think that.

• No one has anything to offer. Im not talking about money drugs are the people you know. I mean love trust no lies no games.

• It's 50/50 with relationships now a days with more people around who don't care or just want to have sex. But me personally I don't think they are disposable we just haven't found the right person yet.

• Too much social media and not enough actual interaction with eachother.

• Sadly, because we have dating apps that can get us a piece of ass or replacement asap, like tinder. This makes people think relationships are disposable.

• I think we quickly realize that we could find another partner that could make us just as happy, maybe happier. There are so many people in the world.

• I do not know but I blame men

• Because I don't trust any asshole and I'm finding it harder to relate to some whimsical idea of romance.

I can't speak for others, but media, home you're raised in.. poorly encourage their kids to be shallow- even indirectly but some directly talk about races to exclusively be with and marrying for money. The weirdest shit I hear in the news today just reminds me of this quote that says in modern society, with the world filled with more and more machines- humans act more like machine than human.(paraphrasing). We have been raised on qualities and values that are otherwise shallow, therefore we've become autonomous to a degree.. we do and say the right things, achieve things without even realizing we're subscribing to an unconscious effort of consumerism and shallow values- and whatever our real identity is- could very well be lost or buried deep.

I rarely feel like I see a couple that marry for love than unconscious attributes they have sought out their whole life... women are compelled to marry without reason or thought and feel more of a failure than a man to be unmarried. That says it all. There are so many women desperate to be married but not to find love.. Men marry the girl who they see an 'easy' future with not necessarily an idea of love. So, all that being said in a roundabout way... relationships have been dying for years. We assume the old couple that died together loved each other and we automatically forget that divorce was looked down up for them. I can't fathom that every marriage/partnership/relationship out there or even most of them are all about love.

Love feels like an olden day concept to draw in impressionable women (or men) no different than modern day marketing. I know it sounds like a bitter valentine day's sonnet but whatever.

• I don't. Other people do though. Because they are too selfish and focused on themselves. They dont really care about anyone but themselves. And because commitment is seen as something bad, something to sorry and be afraid of. Also, people are lazy and want everything to be perfect. When it isn't it's easier to break up than to stay and fight to fix the issues.

• People just get in one to have sex or are lonely. People can't be faithful because they always want the next best thing