Do guys mind a girl with anxiety?

I suffer from anxiety and social anxiety and I wanted to know if guys mind? I'm very self conscious and I feel as if guys take anxiety differently and think that I'm 'rude' or 'selfish' it's hard to open up about anxiety since it's an uncomfortable subject for me and I get uptight about it. I talk to guys, yes. But whenever they want to hang out or anything I tend to make excuses and it's very difficult most of the time.

46

Most Helpful Guy

• It probably depends if they understand it. There is a basic problem of male/female communication and you'll find out it is not easy to communicate as thigns get mis interpreted. If a guy has no experience with anxiety, doesn't understand your reactions... it will either be odd, or feel like rejection. If he understands you, then he may be able to shift into a mode to comfort you.

In general, I would say guys don't understand girls/women at all, so you will need to work extra to communicate, respect him, and explain what you need. Even when you explain it, he may still not get it.

I'd suggest working on the source of the anxiety and correcing that, which is beneficial in your general life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be yourself and if they want to know why you act like that explain to them why. The right guy will understand and will like you regardless

What Guys Said 5

• Sure there are guys who would try dating a girl with anxiety yeah and it would make it easier if they knew she had anxiety so they could understand when she needed to refuse certain events or if she needed to leave somewhere when out together

• just be open to him about it and willing to try to be more affectionate to him and he should understand

• The first girl i loved had anxiety. She was difficult sometimes (most of the time). She ended up breaking my heart but whatever. she's tried coming back in my life but i cut her off.

Although i saw her on New Years and she was looking fine.

• i wouldn't mind

• depend how severe it was or how she acted

What Girls Said 3

• I deal with anxiety a lot too, you aren't alone.

• I had anxiety at 18-19 and guys avoided me like the plague - when I got over my anxiety at 20 - I would get asked out 2-3 times a week and everybody wanted to be my friend.

• In my experience not many people care if they get to know you. They may just think they might get a rude reaction from some people.