Can you be friends with someone who likes you when you're in a relationship?

Very quick question here...
So you're in a relationship:
a) can you still be friends with someone who likes you and wanted to date you?
b) have you ever rejected someone when you were in a relationship then ended up with that person?

Most Helpful Girl

• First rejecting and then asking to be friends? It must be harsh for that person i guess, how could he or she just hang out with you after he / she got rejected?

It did happen to me a lot, but i really didn't think about asking them to STAY FRIENDS because i knew it would not make sense and i would actually just make that person suffer more, so i DISTANCED MYSELF, and maybe after a year or so, if i happen to see that person i would still GREET HIM out of respect :) but staying friends is just difficult i guess...

Most Helpful Guy

• A: if you don't like them like that
    B: if you're into cheating on the worthy with the scum of the earth.

What Girls Said 6

• Personally I could, cos I can am able to set boundaries , and make it known to him the friendship is purely platonic.

If my boyfriend felt uncomfortable about me being friends with him due to the guy being interested in me.. I'd put my boyfriends feelings above my friendship with the guy. My SO would always be priority. I'd never disregard how my SO felt

• A) yes but like the other person said here set boundaries and if she crossed those than warn her and keep reminding her of your girlfriend, as in talk about her a lot.
    B) yes but it never lasted long usually it became a friends with benefits thing.
    C) sounds like you may not be uninterested in a relationship with this friend so tread carefully.

• no I can't

• A) I don't plan to have a lot of guy friends because messy situations like this always happen and I get can a little aggressive on it (and no I'm not working on it, guys should know their limits)
    B) I never did that

• nope cus it would hurt that person more

• If you have no interest and won't have interest then sure, if you feel like you could be tempted... no, no you don't become or stay friends... you be nice... like you would to any acquaintance but stay away.

What Guys Said 0