Never had a boyfriend and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

So for context- I'm 23 years old, in my last year of college and yeah... never had a boyfriend. I'm not fat, and been told I'm okay looking- like a 6.5/10 by many sources. I did try to socialize throughout college and join clubs/make friends, but I've always struggled in this area. I can have really great conversations with people and try to act friendly as stuff, but I can't seem to push the relationship further and hang out with them outside of school and stuff.

I also hope my standards aren't too ridiculous. To note- I'm South Asian American, so I understand that only a few types of men would be attracted to me. However, I only seem to attract foreign men from overseas who I don't relay have much interest in due to the huge culture gap. Otherwise, rarely do men really show interest in me, including other South Asian guys around me.

I simply don't want to end up alone the rest of my life nor resort to an arranged marriage. I want a guy around my age- give or take- who I get along with really well and has similar political views with. I also want him to be hygienic and not obese lol. I've tried online dating, but got extremely frustrated by all the creepy guys and 50+ year olds messaging me that I gave up all together.

So yes, sorry about this rant, but any sort of advice from either gender would be really helpful! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say just start to be more open and friendly and make an effort to just have conversations. Because the key to a relationship is the communication.

What Guys Said 4

• I myself am 23, and never had an official girlfriend. The longest I dated any one was 2-3 months and that was when I was a sophomore, ever since it has been similar to your experience. I to have thought that I my not find no one but I true hope I do. Don't give up, your not alone!

• Wow same (had a "bf" soph year for like a month lol). But you as well :)

• 23 is way too young to think you'll be alone the rest if your life. College and high school are different as most guys are around your age and you are fishing in a pond. Once you get out you'll be in the ocean.

• wow you're very wise for a 16 year old haha. but thanks man

• don't go for online dating sites!!

• Don't worry, I've stopped doing that lol. I don't understand how people have the patience for those things

• give it a try in the real world, u seem to be good at conversations so I don't think you would hv any trouble

• I'm a couple years older than you and never had a girlfriend

• aw I'm sorry. we can be forever alone together :P

• Vietnamese?

• no south Asian. lol. not south east

What Girls Said 1

• Where do you meet people? I hope you don't use dating sites or dating apps... Most people there just want to get laid.

• Noooo I avoid those now. I mean I rarely meet people anyways, but when I do it's usually in class or in clubs and stuff