Not sure if he's pretending to be rich?

Hi, I've been dating this guy on and off for the last year and a half reason why we have off periods is because I feel he's lying to me about his lifestyle. He's sophisticated type of man who believes in quality and always talks about this. He talks about buying houses and cars all the time as if it's a great passion of his and I feel like that it does reflect on the type of person he is vastly! I really do like him but he's still going strong with what I would believe to be an act cause when I ask for things that should be very easy for someone of his position to do he takes ages to come though or he says wait some time. I just feel like he's being deceptive and manipulative. I really Feel like I can't trust him, I know most would say why does it matter but it really does if you met a woman who you believed to be one way just to find out she's nothing like that person wouldn't you feel like you couldn't trust her after that? It's not like he put up an act for a month and just came clean it's been over a year. The other thing that came to mind is he does live that lifestyle but he doesn't trust me and wants to see if I'm there for him not the money but even then I don't feel like I should be treated that way just because of his suspicions. I give trust I expect to be trusted back I don't feel like that's genuine either even if he felt that way I'd rather him tell me that not imply it. I just want the truth so I can have the right to choose to be with him as he is not as this fantasy character he's made up for the time being or a person who expects me to prove my love for him. I'm not sure what to do any suggestions?

12

What Guys Said 2

• some guys might pretend to be rich , I'm sure it happens a fair bit , when dating people are trying to impress other people and to be affluent would help attract some other singles

• So does that make it ok? Cause I'm not sure what to do. He prides himself off being able to take care of people etc a lot of his character is connected to his finances I've never met anyone who talks about materials like he does. We'll be talking casually and he'll bring up the fact that he wants to buy a new car am I supposed to sit here and witness this facade?

• Just agree to have a long term relationship with him but tell him that you will never expect him to marry you. Then he should be fine so he knows you aren't going to try to rip him off later on. That's what most women do that go out with someone that has lots of money.
    I don't have much money, but I still wouldn't get married because I know people are too greedy and selfish.

What Girls Said 1

• Then why do you keep on dating him?