Are dating sites pointless?

At least for men like me?

I've tried them out, got a couple of dates, but didn't get anywhere.

They all seem like money-grabbing machines, and are only suited for really attractive people to brush their egos...

210

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends, but have you tried this site called meetme?
    One of my internet friends tried meetme and he met a girl they are together it's been 3 years so far. It didn't happen right away he still had a hard time finding someone.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are looking for an instant answer to dating problems, internet dating sites won't give you what you want. You must create a profile, wade through hundreds of profiles to find a few that interest you, send a message and hope for a response. All responses don't immediately result in a date, but if you establish some rapport, there is a good chance you will have a date. Then you go and meet the person and the person you meet may be exactly what you expected or something completely different.

I have tried internet dating twice (2007-2008 and 2015) and found good partners both times.

Butg if you are not willing to do the work. . . they won't work.

What Girls Said 1

• Never tried any so can't say

• Don't even try.

They're a cesspit of society.

• You don't think he took a screenshot and saved the pic? Lmao

A friend on here was getting messages from a guy. I don't know what fucked up fetish he had, but he kept messaging her that he's sitting in his car, and it wouldn't start, and he was asking her if he should press the gas pedal further lol

• @Pac-Man but it wasn't even "risqué" it was just me smiling with my hair up with a somewhat turtleneck top. I hope he didn't save it, but even if he did, it wasn't provocative or sexual (aka blackmail material) of any kind lol
      haha! That's crazy, these dudes are weirdos

What Guys Said 9

• Depends on the guy really. If you're good looking and you know what you're doing dating apps and websites will boost your game you'll get even more girls because of the more options.

If you're bad looking then I imagine it would be the same as real life. Probably slightly better, again because of the more options online.

• Haven't worked for me. I know some people who have had sex-cess with them.

• Yes.

• Too many catfishes

• yes, Nothing but Fat girls, and Gay dudes.

• You learned a valuable lesson - "Get Money". It's way easier that way. Trust me.

• They are pointless for anyone seeking an LTR, also women use it to get free dinners. Basically tinder is a brothel for women.

• I think they are yes

• Dating sites suck because they have so many fake profiles.