What's your best piece of relationship advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Pick your battles, it's not necessary to argue over every tiny little thing. People aren't perfect, so acknowledge minor flaws as just that - minor.

What Girls Said 19

• No one is perfect, we all have flaws. And we all grow old and wrinkly.. its important we choose someone who we love internally.. because the external is bound to fade.

We also have needs and desires that are very basic, like communication, affection - they are very important to any relationship.

Communication and understanding each other is very important.

Time spent together. This is very important and I'm not talking about sex, going out or sleeping. But rather the couple spending quality time understanding each other.

Growing and learning new things.

Letting go of anger and ego.

Being very honest.

• Never make an action or expression just to impress.

when you ask a lot of people about this the answer always varies.

and some of them base it with their experience which is really accurate but at the same time it should not be the exavt thing you should really copy because for every situation there is always a difference to everyone. and every situation is always case to case.

the best advice I can give is ' Be Yoursel ' by this I do mean during the first stage show and act how you are especially keep in mind that for every thing you do should not change, which is why it is best to show how you are sincerely.

by be your self I do mean with the actions you put out for a woman. It has to be constant, by constant I do mean not everyday but it is a certain thing you do for her which you know will not change even for the long run.

a woman will look forward to what she has seen in you sincerely, not only vy actions but your sincerity about everything you do is truly who you are even if the long run happens things dont change which is a good thing you were you even from the start.

never do anything just because you are impressing her but because you know it is an expression or action you truly are capable of doing even for the long run.

• A relationship will only survive if there's mutual respect , great communication between the couple, and if both make sacrifices and compromises for each other. Plus, taking each other's feelings, happiness, needs and wants into consideration. Without these , the relationship will fail

• Stay loyal
    Trust one another
    Communicate.

Thats what everyone else would say. But i say...
    Fuck it! He's mine, touch him and i'll break you , so go run after someone else.

(Please dont take it seriously im being sarcastic in a very honest manner)

• Trust your instincts
    Don't change yourself for anyone
    Stay strong
    Maintain some degree of independence incase it all goes downhill
    Make time for friends too
    Don't rush

• Be yourself, don't compromise a piece of yourself to be with someone. Some will love you for who you are, trust me :)

• Avoid them at all costs.

• Never be with someone who makes you feel afraid, ashamed or embarrassed for being yourself. You have the right to be you and to be appreciated for who you are.

This doesn't mean you can be disrespectful, rude, or inconsiderate however. What it means is that if you are very talkative and social, don't be with someone who shames you and tries to make you be quiet. If you're quiet, don't be with someone who drags you to a bunch of social things all weekend that you don't enjoy. If you are creative, don't be with someone who ignores or makes fun of your efforts. That kind of thing.

• Start a relationship only with a person you really love, otherwise it's meaningless. A relationship will be even better when you have your life together and the other person as well.

• In any relationship in life people are going to teach you about yourself and the world. Take what you can from it, interpret why they are in your life and what positives you can benefit from it. Also, the only person who can truly change for the better is yourself.

• if you think they're worth it, fight for them and don't give up easily.

• don't make the person the center of your life

• It takes more than love to make a relationship work

• Be yourself, and remain true to yourself.

• Trust

• Give each other some space

• The most important things in any relationship is respect, trust and love.

• Cheat together

• @Coconutty are u a little offended? Or something?

• No I'm just wondering... Does "cheat together" mean "If you feel like you're bored, instead of cheating do role-playing and both pretend to be someone else?"

• I think it's important to understand the point of a relationship to answer this question. For me, all humans desire companionship. And in a relationship, I want that in the deepest sense. Sex and affection still come through sex buddies and friends if you want it.

From a relationship however, I want someone with whom I can truly grow to be the best version of myself with, with whom I'm going to be pushed to believe in my hopes and dreams, even the most far fetched of them all, and who is going to inspire greater personal motivation for myself. Ultimately, I want someone with whom I can truly live life with.

Now for that, I think the most important thing is learning to really understand each other, under ever single light, and accept that there is always going to be more to learn about a person, because everyone is continuously and subconsciously growing and changing.

Mutual respect of who you each are is also critically important. I really don't understand people who try to change their partner - why not just try to find the person you really want instead.

In terms of compatibility, I think people jump straight to interest or even mutual respect, but in my opinion, the stronger and longer lasting relationships come from those who have a share set of values. So take time to understand one another's values, and their intensities, and what guiding role they play.

Of course, all of this, along with physical affection, requires plenty of communication and quality time with each other. That doesn't mean physically all the time, but that whenever you communicate, you need to be entirely present. A relationship is supposed to feel like there's some sort of work. But also like all the effort is worth it.

And I think that with the above mentioned points in place, honesty and the rest will naturally fall in place!

What Guys Said 8

• Trust and communication is key.

• Relationships should be centered around you and your spouse, not the children. On america, we seem to have it backwards lately, then the children leave and your strangers.

If you concentrate on your relationship, the children will be happier, feel safer and follow your lead.

I can't stress this enough.

• We humans have always been wanderers. So don't adhere to fixed rules from earlier times. Stay in the present moment and be open to what the other person wants or needs from you.

• Women are attracted to the very thing they wouldn't want in a long term relationship.

• So are men!

• "Offer more" than himself

• Hogwash! Men are often attracted to extremely sexy women, for example, who most likely make terrible homemakers and spend more time shopping than earning the money they spend. She may get bored with one man and end up cheating.

So what makes a good wife (being capable, a good money nanager, and dependable) isn't what he's attracted to. He wants the glamor of a lively, gorgeous, sexy woman on his arm.

A stereotype, to be sure, but no less than yours.

• Do not get married.

• Trust is very important

• Don't ask for advice.

• simply NOTHING, go figure it out!