How many of you would be in an online relationship?

It would eventually move from online to in person 😁

1022

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be, have been in one and see so problem with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I constantly find myself falling for someone online each year i rejoin GAG. I try my best to fight it because I can't deal with loving someone who lives so far away and is out of reach for me to physically touch. But yet it still happens. I've found myself falling yet again...
    d13yacurqjgara.cloudfront.net/.../...f_dribble.gif

• I feel the same at times

• How long would it take you to move from online to in person?

• Depends on where they live. If they live in the same state I think I few weeks talking, texting video chat then meeting in a public place would work

What Guys Said 21

• I don't think I can fall for someone online.

I tend to fall in love with a symbolic image of a girl that I form from being around her and observing her carefully: how she looks, smiles, smells, carries herself, responds to various social situations (not all between just me and her), how her body feels to hold and touch, etc. Online tends to offer inferior to non-existent ways of providing me this information.

I also never understood the point since I could just go outside my door and meet and talk to attractive women without bothering with starting online and eventually arranging to meet in person. That seems like very high investment, very high risk, when I could just go out and meet people with low investment and low risk.

The one exception I could see myself making is for a celebrity, perhaps. As an example, I have a thing for visual arts and artists. If I found a girl online who I thought was a most amazing illustrator (and typically famous as a result), then I might fall in love with her artwork which impresses me so much to the point of wanting very much to meet the person behind it. In that case though, I don't understand why she should bother with me as just a random fan of her artwork.

If she did though, that's the one type of case where I can see myself entertaining a relationship that starts predominantly online, only eventually meeting in person. In that case she becomes so exceptional in my eyes as the result of the quality of her work that I admire so much which I find to be leagues above the rest: one of the finest in the world in my eyes.

• In that last case, while I can quickly meet attractive women with great personalities and charisma without bothering with online exchanges first, I'd almost never meet a girl with such astounding talent just heading out and meeting people around me. In that case she becomes so exceptional compared to every girl around me, and I might find it worth the high investment and risk to start off with a strictly online relationship.

• It's hard... you see im already 32... i i just want to hold her in my arms... i would need to quickly be able to reach her in person.

• if you are not able to escalate from online to in-person, then it's purely a waste of time.

• I would try it.

• Meeting someone online is fine. Getting to know someone online is fine. Having "relationship" status before actually meeting in person - that is absurd if you ask me.

• I have before. It was long distance, and it lasted about 5 mos. Ended disastrously. But hey, I guess I'd give anything a shot at some point. Its no worse than any other way.

• If the girl is interesting enough

• Waste of time. I want someone I can see and touch - if it has to be online only it implies there's big issues at play like distance.

• No it would move to in person

• Personally, online connections are just a quick step to meeting in person. In-person relationships are so much more fulfilling and meaningful and REAL. Long distance, online relationships are extremely difficult in the long run and very often turn out to be completely fake.

• If we both love, trust n care for each other. Have determination to meet one day then I m fine with it. Eventually I want her to meet me in person.

• Tried it. Didn't like it

• I assume online romantic relationship. That's simple. NO!

• i dont want to be in a online relationship, ever

• Nope.

• I met my wife online

• Yes... I did it recently and it's all good.

• I would like to

• There is someone whom I have met recently and had an instant connection with. Going to meet in person soon and see how things go. Don't think either of us want an online relationship.

• Wow! Good look to you. Congrats

• Thank you.

• I would as long as there is a realistic chance of being together in person. And if we made a plan for when things would happen.

• I met my girlfriend's friend online.

• And thats how me and my girlfriend met.

• If the girl is nice as u, i can try it :-P
    :-D

• As nice as me? What did I say? And thank you 😊

• Change*

• Lol change time zones? For me? 😊 How sweet

What Girls Said 9

• I'm in one since Around November 2015.
    I think it's far from being ideal.
    Before I started liking him (around October 2015) I used to answer questions about online relationships on here and I used to think it was super lame. Honestly I find it super hard to even have a crush on someone I don't interact with in real life let alone date them.
    But with him I guess it just happened, something about him intrigued me a lot and I like the way he thinks although we don't agree on everything.
    He's saving money to meet me as soon as he can. I feel like if it doesn't work out with him, I will give up on online relationships all together.

• Technically my boyfriend and I had an online relationship, I don't know really because I met him once ( when we didn't even know each other ) but it was a quick Hi and bye because I had to leave and was in a rush. So the first 4 months we were talking online, texting, talking on the phone and video chatting. Until we finally had a chance to meet in person again.
    But it still seemed nice plus it helped me in a way because I'm really shy so getting to know him for 4 months helped me and I was really comfortable with him when I saw him.

• Met my boyfriend online :)

Long distance is hard but we see each other for about 10 days each month.

• I wouldn't mind it at all

• Nope. I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone I haven't met in real life. Also I'm not a fan of LDR in general.

• Have been. Though I knew him in real life beforehand..

• Not me hahaha it's way to distant

• me me

• I would try it, but I feel like it would be hard.