"Sexting" and "nudes" is it something important in a relationship nowadays?

My boyfriend likes to dirty talk with me! And keeps on asking for nudes, especially that we don't see each other every week. I know is something good that he desires me all the time, but sometimes it bothers me cause I'm not always in the mood for it, and only want to have a normal conversation with him... Is it something important for a guy to get that from his girl? Does it please them a lot?

816

Most Helpful Guy

• relationships are too sexualized.. there's no real communication, no real intimacy. its cool that he is excited about seeing u naked but thats not all there is to a relationship lol. try to force conversation with him, direct conversation away from sex and nudes. try to have a real meaningful convo with him for a change.. thats what being in a relationship is all about.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean it's fun, but I'd think it's only be slightly more vital if you were Kuhn distance. When I first began dating my boyfriend we only exchanged pictures a handful of times and only sexy talked, if you will, when we couldn't see each other any time soon.

What Guys Said 15

• Yes for some of us guys we like to see a nude pic of you so that we can keep you in our dreams and when you don't get to see each other for a long period of time it would be nice on occasion to see a nude pic of you or at least one of you wearing sexy lingerie and showing off your body to us

• It shouldn't be. As someone else said, its your body and no is no. If he can't respect your decision then.. Red flag. If he really loves you and respects you, he'd be fine if you tell him you're not in the mood.

• Tell him, that he's talking to you, not to your body. Of course: Men like nudes but he needs to check that his girlfriend is more than just a pretty body.

• Call me old fashioned but I have never felt the need to treat my ex-es as porn actresses. I'd much rather see the "live show" and whisper her what I will do to her.

• Well I think I'm more into that too. Old fashioned as well!

• I thought girls like sexting and talking dirty. however I can agree with the guy on the nudes part especially when you both can't meet each other. he must be desiring you. if you meet him more regularly then this might not happen.

• it's normal since you two don't see each other as much. don't be afraid to tell him if you're not in the mood

• If a guy really likes you then he will not force you. But if he is forcing you then maybe he is attracted to you only physically.

• No.. Never... it wasn't , its not , it will never be so important

• no I don't think so

• yes new concept due to technology

• it's your body. do what you're comfortable with. tell him your concerns.

• Unless you do some fucking then do it

• Not important no

• not at all important.

• Yeah I would say with long distance.

This seems to me less about sexting and more about general sex drive mismatch.

What Girls Said 7

• So I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that you've only just got together.

Me and my boyfriend are long distance and for the first few weeks it was like non stop sexting. He constantly wanted to go on webcam or was just turning the conversation into dirty talk. It was starting to annoy me a bit too because I just wanted a normal conversation sometimes, but I went ahead and would talk back even if I wasn't always 100% in the mood.

Few weeks went by and it slowly stopped. I think the last time we sexted was over a week ago now and it didn't last half as long as before. It was me that initiated it too because I missed it lol. Honestly, I would just enjoy it while it lasts because as you're together longer, things like that slow down a bit.

• No don't send nudes.. if you break up.. that's not going to turn out right.

• If you don't feel like it don't do it. He should care for you either way. And if you are in the mood never send it with your face

• Never send nude pics, they could end up on the Internet..

• Don't do it.

• Personally I would NEVER send nudes!! You never know if they would screenshot and use it against you in the future πŸ’πŸΌπŸ’πŸΌ

• I never show my face in them, only my body.
      Could that also be dangerous?

• I don't think so but I wouldn't risk it tbh πŸ’πŸΌπŸ˜Š

• for some it is so important and most do but for me it isnot essetial