Have you ever broken up?

My boyfriend and I have been living together for 2 years. We love each other, although we do fight quite a bit. He is super messy and leaves food and dirty clothes all over the house while I clean up after him. I have spoken to him about cleaning up, and all I get are empty promises. It bothers me... would you break up with your partner over this?

Most Helpful Guy

• That, by itself, is not a reason to break up, but it may be a symptom of a larger problem. The test of a relationship is not whether you have conflicts but how you handle them when they do arise. What you are suggesting is that he makes promises to you but never actually changes anything about his behavior. That does not sound like a serious commitment to a relationship. Are you content to be with someone like that for the rest of your life?

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was bad, and he showed that he couldn't do simple things such as not be a slob, and failed to keep promises I eventually would. If you can't do something as simple as pick up after yourself to make me happy in our relationship, your priorities are fucked up.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, yes I would. If you have spoken to him about it and he's still not eager to work on it, you should call quits. Hygiene is very important.