Do you think open relationship ships are okay?

Is having an open relationship a viable way to have a lasting relationship?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it can work on most cases.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I cannot fathom having an open relationship and feeling as close to my spouse or girlfriend as I do in monogamous relationships. However, I have never had an open relationship and they may work well for some people. I don't imagine it is for anyone who fantasizes about "grow old with me; the best is yet to be."

0|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• I think it can work. I have heard stories about this and some of them have been together since teens and they decided on open marriage when they were in their 30's when I heard this story the wife was 38 and her husband was 40. So they both has this agreement almost like a real contract. And once they both agreed they have been really happy and still madly in love with each other.. so it all depends on that person.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, I don't see anything wrong with it as long as everyone involved is aware of and happy with the situation. It's not something I'm particularly interested in myself though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not about that life. It works for some people. But I can't be with someone who wants an open relationship. I don't understand the point of them. It's all or nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It works for some and it doesn't work for others. I don't see a problem with it. Would I be in one? No. Do I care if anyone else is in one? Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really don't see the point. You're basically just friends with benefits.

0|0
    0|0
    • only in a swinger type relationship. is a truly open polyamorous relationship, not true at all. I love my girls with all my heart!

• Show All
    • Lol tbh I still don't understand what is so appealing about it and I probably never will but dialogue is never a bad thing and I certainly won't judge.

• trust me, you're not the only one. it baffles pretty much everyone. if you'd asked me a month before I got involved in my situation, I'd have called you crazy. it's definitely boundary pushing. a lot of these questions don't even touch upon the harder questions. "do we introduce eachother to our families? after we're no longer "kids" who lives with who? what about children? " it goes on as you can imagine. it's not for the faint of heart!

• Some people can handle it better than others. Met a really nice married couple and talked to them about it, they seem to be very open and honest with each other. Better than some marriages that are monogamous.

1|0
    0|0
  • not okay for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok for other people if that's something they both want.

Not ok for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard to say. I'd say no, because I can't imagine being in one myself. It can't work.
    Love is made for two people, not more.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, not okay

0|0
    0|0
  • If both parties are into it, why not

0|0
    0|0
  • That would create a lot of problems: the number one thing would be jealousy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they are vital for those that don't believe in monogamy and traditional partnerships or customs. I do feel it is far fetched to be linked to one person forever but that doesn't make it impossible.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• simple (anecdotal) answer : hell yes! five+ years strong in a completely open relationship!

long, General answer: totally depends on the people involved. I've done a lot of posts about polyamory. but it boils down to knowing what you want out of a relationship. if you want multiple love interests, go for that. if you're looking for a swinging threesome, aim for that. polyamory is a big pill for most people to swallow. knowing what your intentions are before attempting to "bringing in" new people can/will help. I'm an advocate for a 100% transparency. also, I started with a strong, devoted monogamous relationship. it evolved into polyamory because we both felt strongly about expanding our horizons. I can promise you, if you're not 100% stable, adding more people will NOT fix anything. good luck!
    pm me if you want to ask me specific questions!

0|0
    0|0
  • Open relationships aren't relationships lol it goes against the very thing that makes a relationship a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would like an open relationship, allows you to explore options while having a booty call and her getting pissed for cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care what other people do but I sure as hell wouldn't do that

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah sure but i dont want to be a part of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not my thing.

0|0
    0|0
Loading... ;