Would you if you knew?

Random question! If you met a girl you really liked... but she told you that the father of her kid is her cousin would you still want to be with her? Like... it was a messed up situation/everyone makes mistakes kinda thing or is that an absolute deal breaker? Literally asking because of something I read online and it got me wondering. Opinions? Can you forgive past mistakes or is there certain things that are just UNFORGIVABLE?

319

Most Helpful Guy

• "everyone makes mistakes kinda thing" Yeah no, you don't fuck someone else as a mistake, especially your cousin. That shit's disgustingly fucked up. No way I'd date her.

Most Helpful Girl

• How the freak do you mistakenly have sex and then birth a kid with a cousin? Did she trip and fall on his penis? That doesn't mistakenly happen unless they never knew they were cousins.. but if she did then that's not a mistake. That was a choice. I don't even know.. that's ughh that's something else.

• I meant mistake as in maybe she was manipulated or threatened. Or yea maybe she did make the choice. The whole point is... is that person-either him or her considered unlovable after that?

What Guys Said 18

• Doesn't bother me.
    80% of all marriages in history were between first and second cousins. It was the norm in almost every culture for thousands of years. It only became taboo in the last 80-150 years, and is still quite normal in some places, even in western culture.

Go back 4 to 8 generations in almost anyone's family tree, and you will find a great-grandfather or grandmother that were first cousins.

I really don't see the problem.

• Thanks for your opinion. I see there are very mixed opinions on this...

• Nuh uh thats not a everyone makes mistakes kinda mistake. Thats a fucked up mistake I'm sorry but there how many guys are out there and she fucks her cousin and decides to keep the child? Nope not for me.

• Single mothers are not for me.

• That's a whole lotta nope right there

• I could look past that I guess, but personally I couldn't date someone with a kid.

• Thanks for your opinion! Can I ask why you wouldn't date someone with a kid?

• *3 ) the added...*

• I see. Thanks for explaining

• No because I don't want kids, and the fact that the kid is the result of incest is even worse

• That's fucked but why not

• Depends on how deeply i love her... And how well do I know her. It comes to trust and belief in these situations...

• depends on the circumstances as to whether or not she knew it was her cousin at the time or not if not I believe in forgiving them and giving them a chance if they knew then it would depend on many other various factors

• Thanks for your opinion. So if she knew it was her cousin... what other factors?

• Wtf?

• Wtf what? It's literally just a random thought. Don't shit yourself over there 🙄

• Okay. I don't know how to answer that. I dont think it would be easy for to find dates thats for sure

• Oh I bet!

• Umm. Did she know he was her cousin?

Don't matter anyway I hate kids so it's a no for me.

• no. but only because i don't date single mothers

• Well, since having a kid is two strikes already, I think that would put it over the edge.

• I had no idea kids were so unwanted by people...

• It's just something else to consider in a relationship - not a deal breaker by itself, but not something I'm looking for if other options are out there. Just sayin'

• I actually think incest is hot and might be a little more interested if she did something like that.

• Ehhhh, i mean not really at the moment, but later on I don't think it would matter. We all have complicated parts in our life, as long as the kid is... Ya know... It is just generally hard to have a connection with a kid like that, that akso isn't your own as well.

• I have zero interest in raising another man's kid. I have no interest in a ready made family. So no, I wouldn't date any girl with kids.

• I wouldn't care. That honestly doesn't bother me.

• It's a deal breaker for me @krl1991

What Girls Said 2

• If she was raped or something along those lines then yeah. But any other circumstances that isn't close to that then nope

• I wouldn't care.. shit happens