28 years old and never had a girlfriend, never kissed a girl, didn't happen in college either, I have hobbies etc, is it Just not going to happen?

Like the question states I never harbor a girlfriend In high school, I wasn't worried I asked others and people said you are still young stop worrying, in college my major didn't allow me time to play too much compared to my friends who took majors that allowed them a ridiculous amount of free time, also my major is male dominated literally, after college i was told by people to not worry and focus on myself and that getting a girlfriend and having a relationship aren't everything, I decided to do clubbing but found it to be a total sausage fest and it made me uncomfortable with dudes fighting over 1 woman, I enter my field of work and find myself hobbies that I enjoy and now fast forward 5 years later and no relationship and have lost contact with many people excluding my coworkers, they have relationships, are married, or are much older than I am. Now I'm kind of wondering was the advice I was given wrong, did I do something wrong, my 20s have passed me by, I hear all around me that your 20s are to be having fun or having girlfriends and finally settling down once you get into your 30s but still nothing I have never even been on a date, I guess you could say I'm juvenile or immature ( not in the sense of work or seriousness but in the sense that I am immature when it comes to knowing what to even do in a relationship or how they even work because like I said I haven't even gone on a date), I really don't know where else to go, I work, go to the supermarket get my groceries, drive to the gym, drive to my other hobbies-kayaking and cycling, after I pick out books from the library and go home and restart the day, and yes I have tried approaching women out but it ends awkwardly, it's kind of hard to accept rejection when you don't know wtf goes wrong, I have gotten weird looks or the usual beat around the bush, I look for signals but nothing so I take it upon myself of trying to get women to notice me by making small talk about anything but nothing, is it just not meant to be?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a friend who didn't meet his first girlfriend until he was 30, and then married her the following year, and now they're very happy together. Don't give up hope :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• I've felt for a couple years now that men are far more at risk than women are at being perpetually single that long like this because women don't have to be the initiators

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 4

• Some people are late starters. Try to join some groups that do the activities you enjoy so you can meet some women with similar interests.

I've always found outdoors stuff a much better way to meet women than bars and such.

• Male dominated field means you be loaded and younger girls will come

• there's a place and time for everyone. People meet their love at different times. Who knows you could run into your future wife next week. You really won't know only time will tell! Goodluck brotha!

• Your profile says 18-24, but you claim to be 28?