Why would a guy not call me after sex?

I feel so stupid and used for even hooking up with this guy. After our first date he texted me right way, but after another great date, silence. How long should I wait before moving on? Is he waiting for me to text him?

1212

Most Helpful Guy

• if you like him, hit him up. If not, let him go.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because that was all he wanted.

What Guys Said 11

• he stopped after the second date but you two hooked up on the first? the fact that he had a second date with you means he was still interested.
    if it's been a few days since your date (or last text whichever is most recent) then you can text him. something simple that he can easily answer or reply to. so no vague questions like "what's up?"

if he relies cool, if not you need to make sure a guy wants a relationship next time. it's not how many dates so much as substance of his character that you can learn and decide by.
    is he willing to meet your friends? do they like him? ask about his job career aspirations... is he consistent with those? do you like his friends? do they seem like people who keep their word? there are different things like this that will help you know the type of guy he is without needing to have a sort of number of dates system. 👍

• update: it's only been 1 day? haha he might just be busy. give him some air and time to reply lol

• We hooked up on the 2nd date, not the first

• ah ok. still, give it like 3 days before you begin wondering. 24hrs is a normal wait time if someone ( he) has obligations and regular life stuff to attend to.

• Because he got what he wanted. I wouldn't hold my breath for that incoming text that will probably never come. Remember the vast majority of guys just want sex, preferably without commitment and you gave it to him just the way he wanted it. Really you are dammed if you do or don't. Most guys will simply give up if you don't go to bed with them within a few dates/months. Good luck with the LTR thing, I'm sure there's a few guys left that want that.

• If he doesn't call or text you, text him instead.
    He initiated first. If you don't, he'll think you're no longer interested.

• If you enjoyed it, and like him why not just give him a call or ask him for another date... he may feel that he didn't satisfy you and is afraid you don't want him anymore.

If he ignores you, you have your answer.

• How many days has it been?

• I would move on coz from you said it seems to me that he got what he wanted and wants nothing to do with you

• if you feel like texting him, just do it. don´t play that childish waiting game xD

• I don't know but why do you feel stupid?

• u both got wut u wanted. Why bother

• He got what he wanted

• You're a one nighter. A hit and run. A give and go. A knock down session. A smash and dash.

• Those are horrible things to say lmao
      From the lips of guys to the ears of babes. Beware, these are what they think when they get their way. 😂

• @Elastephen It's real though.

• I know. The guys have spoken.

What Girls Said 11

• He is not waiting for you to text him, he just GOT WHAT HE WANTED and now he is moving on to the next one, to find something like you... i am sorry, and I don't want to seem harsh, but you where too easy if he does this.

Not wanting to offend you i was just being very honest for your best :)
    Good luck <3

• Because he has no intentions in being with you again. It was only one night... maybe that's all he wanted.
    How long have you guys been dating?
    You are young, you will meet guys who are fuck boys before you have a keeper!
    Next time just wait longer before you have sex.
    You should move on right now, because you should not even try to talk to him because he should do that if he has feelings for you!

• I don't know love. I think he got what he wanted. How long have you known him for? I say wait hun, wait to see how long he contacts you after. If its up to a month later or even 2wks, got off communication if you have feelings, if you are ok with casual and nothing serious, then hey, go with it. I had one guy i was hooking up with, he said he liked me to my face, and that he has never been so attracted to someone more then sex. Well guess what hun, no text the next day, not even a week later, but 6MONTHS LATER.

• He got what he wanted. I'm sorry this happened to you but don't feel stupid. Just consider it a lesson. You're young and you're going to kiss a lot of frogs before finding a prince, but there are good ones out there. Let this one go, you deserve better

• sorry but he just hit an quit it

• That's why you shouldn't hookup if you're expecting more than a one night stand.

• So how long has it been since the last date?

• Last night - so almost 24 hours

• Wow just 24hrs! I think a little patience is called for here.
      Give the guy a little space, he might just have had something urgent to take care of.
      If I were you, I would leave it until tomorrow and then perhaps send him a very quick text asking him if everything is OK.

• sorry babe but he was just using you

• He used you and now he's done

• Men use girls as sexual objects

• he doesn't want to keep it