Do you like going fast or slow with your relationship?

I have had a crush on a guy since two weeks ago and told him a few days ago. He said he also likes me. From now, I am planning to go slow with this because I want to get to know him better and not scare him off. (Technically, we aren't dating and he is also shy XD)

What about you? How do things go for you? Why did you choose to go like that? :)

• Fasterrr than the speed of light
  • Pretty fast, but still kinda normal paced.
  • Normal, I guess
    Vote C
  • Slower than normal, but still ok
    Vote D
  • Slowwww like a snail (me too XD)
    Vote E
  • It's complicated, and I'll tell you why.
    Vote F

135

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• it's complicated & i'll tell you why:
    i'm kinda picky about who i want to be with. i want to be with someone that i admire and someone that is my friend before we ever start dating... so i want to be with a guy who will actually take the time to build a relationship with me, get to know eachother first, be friends first vs. go fast and push sexual advances to quickly. guys who go to quickly/rush things are an immediate turn off for me. i'm also in a weird stage in my life where college is my life (consumes most of my time) and i'm not necessarily a REAL adult yet... so i still have to grow up a bit.
    but yeah, i like it when a guy takes things slow. ideally i'll have known the guy for a year - 2 years before he even makes a move & we are genuine friends first.

What Guys Said 4

• I'll go with the flow. Some have gone faster than others, it all depends on how fast we clique, how much we talk and spend time together.

• Depends on the timing. Sometimes it's better to take it slow and make sure you picked the right person.

• mind tend to always go fast as hell regardless of how i feel about it haha..

• Waiting til marriage, so it will go slow... then fast after marriage 😖🤕😵

What Girls Said 12

• I dont like rushing into relationships... anymore. There was a time when I would meet a guy we will talk for two days and then he will end up my boyfriend and then in a matter of weeks we see that we are not compatible. Its best to get to know someone and see if you like their qualities and how is his lifestyle. By doing this, you save your time for unnecessary heartache.

• Slow, we can date pretty early on but I don't want him or me to say I love you until months into the relationship... he can say it when he truly feels it, but if he did it 2 months in, I'd be wary. And I wouldn't say it back :/ bc some hearts just move slowly.

• Normal. Just a pace that is suitable for me and my potential partner. I don't like going awfully slow, nor do I like going rapidly fast either.

• I'm really slow when it comes to guys. I can never tell my own feelings towards guys. It's always the kind of 'what if I don't actually fancy him but am just comfortable around him?'. I'll ask myself that until I believe that's the only reason and the crush subsides.

• It depends on the person, experience and the situation in my opinion. If you're dating an ex obviously things are going to move faster than the first time. But if you are dating someone new and you want to get to know them before doing anything i would want to move at a slower pace.

• Slow and steady,

• I rather normal it takes time to discover who a person really is and I'd rather to do that first than find out later when I'm too emotionally attached.

• I'd take it slow (100% of the time) It have to be like... get to know the person for at least 2 months before dating, Date for at least more than 6 years before considering of getting married (and we have to be like... both financially stable and mature + over 30)

• I like to take things very slow unless I've fallen head over heels

• Slow, I'm very slow to know what I really want

• To be honest I'm like you, shy I have someone in mind, tho it's a bad thing. It's my ex. I still can't approach him. Tho things escalated really quick between us. One moment I'm having a casual conversation with him. The next I'm having random 'thoughts' bout him. Creeping actually.😨😕

• I'd like it fast paced as far as telling each other things but id want to wait until marriage for sex so I don't know how to answer