I'm falling for a deaf girl, how should I approach her?

There is this really pretty deaf girl in one of my classes at university. I haven't talked to her directly but I've gotten to know her though class activities and such. She seems like a really nice girl that I would love to get to know. I'm trying to pick up some sign language at the moment but I still don't know how to approach her. I don't know if I should write her a note or what. I want to ask for her phone number so we can text. Her sign language interpreter is always with her during class and I'm too shy to approach her via her interpreter. Do any of you have any tips?

i have no problem in taking ASL as soon as possible classes if something happens between us. I know communication is important.

30

What Girls Said 3

• Write her a note with your number tell her how you've been admiring her and would love to take her out to lunch or dinner- I think that'd be so cute! especially since Valentine's Day is around the corner lots of date potential

• I would just write her a note explaining that you are still working on sign language and that you were too shy to approach her interpreter and then say what you want to say. I see no harm in that.

• It may be awkward but you can talk to her through the interpreter. Let her know that you want to learn sign language. Ask if you can practice with her sometime, thats a good segway to ask for her number.

What Guys Said 0