Online dating, why do the guys you like on dating sites never like you back?

Why do the guys you like on dating sites never like you back but the ones you don't like always like you :(

I've only liked three guys out of the many.
#1 just wanted to talk about sex sex sex and he kept postponing our 1st date because of "work"
#2 matched with me but never even responded when I msg'd him
#3 had me asking all the questions and he just answered. He only asked me 1 question which tells me he isn't that interested.

Online dating really sucks man

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. appearance fools you. Online dating Sucks in general because it focuses on physical looks.
    2. Those things happen to everyone, drop them and leave or cuss them out and then leave

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you're 95% more likely to judge them based on image alone. They don't think, "This is a girl who might make me happy", they think "It's been ___ since I got laid, oh no she's not hot enough."

While real life can get in the way of finding romance in the transitional ways, many of the people on dating sites have failed at finding a partner in the real world, and assume that it's just the people around them, being incompatible.

Yes, that does happen, but they never stop to consider that maybe they need to work on themselves first. The end result is a lot of men who base the worth of the relationship on how much good sex they can get regularly from a hot chick, and a lot of women who just want to be taken care of by a man who is too perfect to be real.

Obviously, not all of them. I found mind on OKCupid, and damn I've hot the lottery with this one!

• Most women do the same thing. Experiments have been done that most women, even most of the average and below average looking women only respond to good looking guys. I said most women, not all.

• @steven7890789 But I don't like the word "slut". It was designed to shame women who simply enjoy sex, because these women shatter the Conservative Christian illusion of what a typical American family "should" be. America is not a Christian nation, it's just falsely advertised that way. There are more than enough men out there who appreciate a women who don't require any sort of commitment or payment for two consenting adults to have a good time.

• I get what you are saying.

What Guys Said 22

• Thats why you dont go online. I prefer the personal approach... scarier? yes, but it gets adrenaline pumping.. and you can do a lot more.
    sounds like you were using Tinder.

• yep :( I agree with you, i'm gonna start going out

• Agreed!

• and local people suck.

• you're probably trying to get someone way above you SMV. The illusion of options and attention women get doing online dating can fuck up your perception of reality.

An example is that women rate 80% of men as "below average" on online dating sites, this is a mathematical impossibility and shows a detachment from reality. Then these women all chase the same very small pool of attractive men, leaving those men free to choose only the hottest of women, while the normal average guys get little to zero results. You can look up the stats on OkTrends.

Men have their own problems with online dating as well, it's not the women who do.

• I think you have to accept some responsibility here lol... I mean 3 guys and your writing off thousands... really? I'm left concluded that you picked these guys for the " eye candy " aspect.. perhaps you should change your approach a little?

• Because you're aiming waaay above your station it seems. If you're going to swipe Chad Thundercock in his Ferrari, make sure you're a VS candidate.

• I don't think you understood the question. I matched with all 3 of these guys I'm talking about. I don't think they'd be swiping right if we weren't in the "same station"

• You realise guys swipe right on everygirl lol? It's well known. Nobody reads the profiles and pickiest guy might, MIGHT look at your pics.

• wow really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the information. I'm wasting my time if that's the case. I deleted all my online profiles. I better stick with trying to meet someone in person.

• welcome to dating sites xD where 90% don´t answer (even if they matched you) and 9% are catfishes... good luck finding a girl you actually want to date in that 1%

• sorry that it's not working for you. I don't have any experience with it so I can't really say anything :P

• trust me you don't want the experience. It's a nightmare lol stick to meeting people in real life. I think it's much better that way. Someone up above said it best, we're all just judging people by physical appearance. when you meet people in person, you're still judging by physical appearance but at least you get to know their personality right there too so you can make a more informed decision.

• I actually have a tumblr account, sounds like a good idea lol I really like the people on that site already 😉

• Really? :) you can follow me if you like ^^
      https://shesmysunny.tumblr.com/

It's a blog about a kpop girl I have a crush on lol. She's so cute and full of sunshine I just love her personality so much, she just makes me melt all the time. I've had a crush on her for years ^^ But I haven't been doing the blog that long. I've only been on tumblr for a year maybe. I also have another kpop blog but this is the one I put effort into ^^. You don't have to follow if you don't want to but we can chat or so I don't know you decide :P. Ok bye ^^

• At least you get responses. Most men don't get any responses at all after a month or more sometimes! #FirstWorldProblem

• This happens to dudes ten times more, trust me. People feel spoiled for choice.

• Dating period sucks. I don't do it online, and I'd be shocked if I ever went on another one in my lifetime...

• "Why do the guys you like on dating sites never like you back but the ones you don't like always like you "

Oh boo hoo. Found something to complain about...

• I have the same problem, anyone I like never gets back to me and only one was interested in me I think but wasn't my type

• What site are you using? Could be it just sucks

• Tinder and Bumble. I just deleted OKCupid and POF

• Oh ok , the last 2 I've tried and they do suck , Tinder is more for hook ups and I've never tried Bumble. Perhaps you should try eharmony or match. com since they cost money and are for more serious people that want a relationship

• stop being so picky. the good guys don't have a lot in their bio cuz they don't like to brag. lower your physical standards a bit and you'll be pleasantly surprised with what you get

• Your problem is obvious.

You don't know what kind of guy likes the kind of girl you are.

Lower your bar until you get down to where there are some guys who like you can meet it.

• I met my wife through online dating and we've been together 5 years

• Women never like me back. Kinda why I gave up on online dating.

• the guys you fall for are the top 5% that the majority of women fall for tall ripped devilshly handsome and arrogant so it's very easy to know why he won't respond back

• i can ask the same thing about ladies on dating sites. Probably the biggest waste of time ever

• maybe u r not so pretty as u think

• I actually don't think I'm pretty. I'm not one of those self-absorbed girls.

• I find plenty of people online that we would like each other, but distance is always a problem/obstacle.

• We all want what we can't have, the guys you message... Probrally all the girls message...

• Lol try being a man in the online dating world.

If you only like three guys you see online then your standards are through the roof. Yes there's a lot of very sub par guys on online dating but there are still quite a few average and even decent guys on it so if you are still only liking 3 you see then your standards are too high. Definitely higher than what you measure up to. That's why those guys don't want you back.

I think girls have this sense of being way better than they are online just because they get hit on SOOOO much online by the ugly guys that it makes them think they can bag a Brad Pitt when in real life so many of those guys that hit on them wouldn't even acknowledge the girls existence if they passed on the street.

I'm not saying that's you. But you only like 3 people? Come on...

• you liked 3 guys on online dating lol Your standards are too high or in other words you have high expectations.

• you're right, my thinking is all screwed up but I don't know how to fix it. I am looking for something VERY specific... it's exhausting but I feel like if I lower my standards then I'll just be settling for anyone and I won't be happy... fuckkk man how do you change what you like?

• Define specific?

• Brown or blonde hair, blue eyes, no taller than 5'10", skater, surfer, thin, not super muscular, has a sense of humor, doesn't take himself too seriously

What Girls Said 2

• First off, don't lower your standards! Online dating is a bit like going to a thrift store and trying to find something you want, frustrating but potentially rewarding. Don't give up hope! Best of luck

• Better question is... Why waste your time on them?