Why are dark coloured girls so insecure?

Now they don't essentially have to be of African ancestry, but the darker the woman is in color the more insecure she is. In fact due to this fact they kinda get bitter and when you approach them genuinely, they turn you down much more harshly than Fairer women. Would you agree?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't seen that happen much, but I think they get more of the brunt of racism and colorism and maybe have less experience in turning people down tactfully

• Yeah those factors could be there. The stereotype of angry black women also plays a part here.

• Stereotypes don't always reflect reality. I think you should watch "13th" on Netflix. It doesn't answer your original question, but it tells a lot about the history of racism in America

• I know it doesn't. That is why they're called stereotypes, because normally they are not true

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't get where girls got the idea that white girls are so great. im white and white girls are my least favorite tbh

• Well if you are white how would you know what is it like to be not white...

What Girls Said 3

• Meh I was insecure about my skin color for a long time. Mainly because people made me feel like I was ugly for being darker. I've grown since then but there are times when I wonder if people would treat me differently if I was lighter.

• Yeah that could be a factor. But I think self worth shouldn't be decided on basis of other people's opinion. Insecurity is unattractive to me, but skin colour is not

• I agree, but that took some time for me to learn. People can be harsh and not everyone can let go of what others think. Some people have to learn to ignore that, and it takes some longer than others. And when you're insecure about something you can't really change (well, you could bleach your skin but it's not really worth the health risks) then it takes a while to come to terms with it and be happy with yourself. Skin color may not be a thing you consider unattractive but there are people who do and some of these people are mean about it.

• yeah that sucks but the women don't need to be mean themselves I guess. I am talking about 25+ women here who should know better

• It probably has to do with constantly getting the message that lighter skinned girls are more attractive, even from their own parents.

• Didn't knew that, I think self worth shouldn't be decided on basis of other opinions. We all are insecure on some level though. But I wouldn't expect this from women who are 25+ and hence mature enough than a teen girl

• It shouldn't but if you get the message everywhere from family to the media, you might end up believing it.

• No, I disagree with you. I'm perfectly secure in my own skin.

• I think majority aren't. They seem really angry to me so have to think twice before approaching them

• Well plenty of girls have told me after sleeping with me that they can't have anything serious with me (pretty sure because of me being Indian). You don't see me complaining that they were just looking to have fun with me. And don't bring the argument that guys don't want serious relationship and are only into casual sex.

• But it can't be denied that that's what most men are after which puts some women on guard. A tumble in the hay 🙄

What Guys Said 3

• Well I'm not sure about the turn down thing but if the world constantly told you that you're less desirable it would lower your self esteem.

• I guess. But I'm talking about 25+ women who are much more mature than a average teen girl. They should know better with age. They seem really angry.

• LOL! I call BS.

• i don`t think they are insecure some of them really attractive than white girls

• They're attractive but their insecurity turns me down. They seem to lack the confidence that Caucasian girls have. Also I think when I'll approach them they'll be really harsh towards me.