Which of these would annoy you the most about a first date?

• A date showing up 30 minutes late
    14%(7)14%(15)Vote14%(8)
  • A date talking incessantly about themselves or not talking enough
    18%(9)21%(23)Vote25%(14)
  • A date demanding you pay for dinner
    18%(9)19%(20)Vote19%(11)
  • A date who was rude to the waiter or other service workers
    43%(22)37%(40)Vote32%(18)
  • A date who doesn't laugh at any of your jokes
    7%(4)9%(10)Vote10%(6)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had all of these. Late with no excuse is bad. Lousy conversation is arguably the worst, because it's not outright being an awful person like the gold digger or being rude to the staff, it's just... disappointing.

Most Helpful Girl

• oh god. it would have to be between talking about themselves all the time and being rude to the waiter/workers.. haha they're all bad tho

What Guys Said 20

• No sense of humor, bad convo and time management skills that's not too terrible, not a deal breaker... but demanding that I pay raises a red flag. But being rude to the waitstaff, if she is gonna be a bitch to the people who serve food, she is probably a bitch to everyone.

Great poll!

• Arriving late and demanding I pay + being rude to the waiter are immediate turnoffs. Talking all the time just goes to show they're talkative and not talking enough might just mean that they're perhaps shy.
    And them not laughing at my jokes just means I'm not funny enough. It would be wrong to expect laughter.

• I may be inclined to agree with the last one accept some people are just dead inside. They don't understand humor. They are the ones when everyone else is laughing, they just sit there, and it's not because they don't "get the joke," they just, well, don't "get" the joke or why people enjoy humor.

• I think such people are few and far between. Most people have humor in my opinion.

• A and C would be the most annoying.

B would take the bourden of conversation off me so I probably wouldn't be too annoyed.

D would be awkward.

E would be disheartening.

• To me, if the girl pays more attention to her phone than to me

• Hmmmm hard to say

A) is annoying as fuck
    B) isn't that bad because I can learn a lot about her
    C) is very aggravating
    D) is just embarrassing
    E) is kinda awkward

The only one that would get a second date is B.

• B to E are all really bad to be so I can't really choose. A doesn't bother me especially if she has a good reason for it.

• Not showing up late, showing up late and not telling me would be bad.
    Talking is fine, it comes naturally.
    Demanding things of me always gets me off, There is no excuse.
    Be as rude as you want, can make for fun talk's.
    My jokes aren't always good.

• some who is rude would definitely kill any chance of 1. me paying and 2. any possibility of a second date

• 2nd and 4th

• A bit of all the above.

• I'm paying for my half. You want equality so bad, pay for your shit.

• rude to the waiters thats such a humongous turn off

• I would say B

• Date showing up 30 minutes late, is self consuming, ignorant towards
    a waiter or waitress.

• I think all of them can be rude in a first date

• D. It would be the first and last date.

• Date not talking enough. I've had dates like that, and they're SO awkward!

• So, tell me about yourself. Silence.

How... is... that... possible.

• None of those. Not nailing.

• rude person

• they're all pretty bad, but, as a man, id have to say c. i dont MIND paying, but, she needs to at least offer to pay. that's called compromise

• You know how you do the bill shuffle: no I have it, she says, no I have it, you say, no, seriously, I have it... you should literally just be like, you have it, thanks, and see what happens.

• she'll forgive you for it, but she'll never forget it

What Girls Said 20

• I voted that being rude to the servers would be the most annoying.

But a lot of those would be very problematic. Being 30 minutes late is okay if they have a good excuse and communicate with me about what's going on (unexpected traffic, stuck at work, personal emergency). But if they don't have a good excuse or at least apologize properly, then I'd probably consider it a dealbreaker.

Demanding that I pay would also be very off-putting. I go into a first date expecting to pay for my own food or split the bill. If I have a really good time and want to make a nice gesture I might offer to pay for him, but having it be demanded of me would just make me want to pay even less.

• I voted B, because C would not happen to me. Why? I would not go to dinner until I felt comfortable and actually thought it was going somewhere, I wouldn't go to a place where I couldn't afford to cover both of us, and I would tell the server up front that we're on operate checks, unless he offered to pay, or it was my turn to pay.

• Oh all of them. But probably the late one.

For me, if you're not 15 minutes early then you're late. I couldn't handle ACTUALLY being late lol

• I'd probably be most bothered by someone being rude as hell to whoever was serving us.

• A date showing up 30 minutes late would annoy me the most out of those unless they had let me know in advance that there was a problem getting there or something.

A date demanding you pay for dinner would also bother me, not because i would be paying for my share but demanding is different from just casually asking.

The most annoying though by far would be someone on their phone all night and not being able to keep it off the table >.<

• these are all deal-breakers.

• I voted C that's so fucking rude even with friends.

• All of them actually

• I had a hard time choosing between B and D. B we would probably work on but D... never going out with him again.

• being rude to others

• A date who was rude to the waiter or service workers. You can tell how the person will act in a relationship by how they treat others.

• Showing up late.

• The first and the last one😡😡😡

• If you're rude, it shows that you're a horrible and nasty personot and I know that I'll never get along with that person.

• Rude cause there's no excusing it

• All of them.

• geezus that would be a hell of a date 0_0 ahahhha

• All of them are horrible but I always offer to pay half of the first date dinner.

• A date demanding anything.

• All, but the last one.