Do you wear makeup to attract guys?

There is this troll on here that insists that girls ONLY wear makeup when they are trying to find a boyfriend and that girls who are confident with themselves don't wear makeup. What's your opinion? Do you ladies wear makeup strictly to please men? Does makeup make you feel better? Do you need validation from a man to be a confident independent woman?

Most Helpful Guy

• you use makeup to make yourself look better. I mean, why would you use it and spend a lot of money on it if you think that you look better without?

That being said, you don't necessarily make yourself look better just to for the guys. Even if you're not interested in finding a guy, you usually wanna look as good as you can if you go out and other people see you. Girls, guys, families, friends or strangers. Looking better usually also makes you feel better, but that doesn't mean that someone does it for validation or anything like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really use that much makeup, but when I do it's because it makes me feel good, makes me feel secure of myself. I feel prettier. Makeup is not a mask, you do not use it to cover your face but to make

• .. but to highlight your potencial. When I do not feel good about myself putting some makeup on always makes me get better, just like dressing well

What Guys Said 9

• Women put their slap on to make themselves look more appealing and desirable, and thus of a higher status than other women. "I do it to make myself feel good" is only the first half of the explanation, the second half I "and others feel worse." You can't see yourself wearing the makeup unless you're just staring in the mirror, so it's all about projecting that image to the world.

• By.. Doing... Make. Up... Will not look. Preety.. And. No one.. Will. Get. Attracted..
    U. Should. Be... Preety.. From. Yourr heart... By. Helping. Other.. Peoples. So.. Everyone... Will attract.. Towards. Your.. Becaise. Of. Your.. Sweet.. Helping. Nature❤ ..

• I don't really think that women wear makeup just because of that.

• It's probably a little bit of both

• Count to 10. Count sheep. Do the yoga stuff, and breathe... breeeaathe... this shouldn't be yanking your chain that hard. Its ok.

• Look, im not going to sit around and let a man tell me the reason I do what i do. Im not here to please other people.

• Most men understand that women don't wear makeup for us. Some do, some don't, some do sometimes and other times they wear it for themselves. Just because a troll on the internet believes it, doesn't mean all men do. To have some passive aggressive attitude towards all of us is unfair. I don't know why some women are always trying to prove to us that they are strong, independent, and have no need for our validation or attention. That's OBVIOUSLY true, you don't have to prove anything to us. What you could do--this goes beyond gender--is be a decent fucking human being and cut the whiny "fuck men/women!" bullshit. Jesus.

• Im sorry if i came off aggressively. Several people have attacked me over this and I've seen several questions posted that said things like "why do beautiful women wear makeup?" Or "are women who wear makeup superficial and vain?" I am completely aware not all men believe this but i wanted the proof myself that women are not always fueled by the desire for a man. I would be perfectly fine dating a man as long as he knows that i am an individual human who not only cares about him but plenty other things and these beliefs are apart of me that i will not abandon because of "love" I believe in mutual respect of personal beliefs and that cannot exist if he believes i depend on him for approval. Again, im very sorry that i came off rude

• Of course girls do it for guys. Not just make up, but dressing well, wearing perfumes, working out etc. If they weren't, they would be wearing make up even when they are home. So that "I wear make up for myself" is a huge female lie, right next to the "i just want a romantic nice guy". But its fine, since guys also dress up, work out, wear perfumes etc for girls.

• Nothing wrong with makeup. Who cares what the opinions are one way or the other get out there and enjoy yourself!

• If they were confident they wouldn't wear a mask on their face.

• Omg you asked a question? The results won't be in your favor.

What Girls Said 16

• I wear make-up, but I'm expected to in my job cos I'm a Beauty Therapist. I love experimenting with make-up, and trying new products.

If it was to get a boyfriend then why would I turn some guys down when they ask me on a date lol I've been asked on dates while wearing no make- up at all. So that girls reasoning is totally unfounded

I do occasionally go out without make- up. I don't wear it 24/7 lol

• I don't wear makeup.

But let's be honest, women wear makeup to impress either men or women. Possibly both.

• Both.
    I had acne and I had acne scars (they have faded now). Obviously, no man would have given me the time of day when I had them and didn't wear makeup. And thats fine, I didn't like the acne scars and didn't like the way I looked in the mirror either. Guys started to show interest in me when the scars and zits faded completely, so it shouldn't have mattered to me hahaha.

• Thanks for the response, so you covered them up because it made you insecure? Not for the sole reason that you wanted attention?

• Thank you for the input! Im so glad that you did that for yourself. I believe that having a high self esteem is important even if that means getting surgery or wearing makeup. If it makes you feel better then you do you!

• i agree lol

• lol, what is makeup? I literally don't even know what foundation is. If that's even counted. I've never worn make up in my life. And I am definitely not comfortable with myself, and I'm not exactly the prettiest person either. SO not wearing make up definitely doesn't make you confident.

• I wear make up on special occasions because it makes me feel fancier.

• I wear make up because my skin looks horrible plus I want to feel good. besides I don't even think guys care about make up at all

• I don't wear makeup

• No. I think it makes me look prettier, adds some flair to my look for the day or it's a special occasion.

• Not at all. I'm married so I'm not trying to attract anyone but I still like to look good.

• I wear makeup, cause it gives me the feeling that I'm showing what I want to be, it gives me expression
    I don't have to please any men, I've got a boyfriend I spend time with when I have no makeup on too

• nopes :) sunscreen only

• To Make me feel better

• Definitely not.

• I just like to make myself up even if I'm not going out or sometimes none if i am

• i wear makeup to attract all the men

• I wear makeup because I want to because I spend a lot of money on it to wear it for me, I don't spend hundreds on makeup for some bloke that thinks I need it. I wear makeup because it is a skill and an art. I'm perfectly comfortable without it. So men who think we wear it for them. Please.