I'm not pretty enough?

I go out to (country) dances where I meet a lot of nice guys. I want to meet a country guy, but I feel like none of them find me pretty because they don't approach me. I'm overweight, short and pale which maybe that's why I don't attract the men... I feel I'm not pretty enough..

25

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to be gorgeous in the eyes of a guy for him to fall for you. You just have to be attractive to him.

It's more binary: "Is my girl attractive to me or not? Yes or no?" If yes the sexual/romantic desire will be there. You don't have to be the prettiest girl in the world to him (though he might feel that way in some madly in love intoxication stage no matter how you look, as long as you're attractive to him).

All guys have a practical side that knows their girl isn't the prettiest in the world, not even to them. And I'm sure all girls have that practical side too even if they absolutely love their boyfriends. They know some guys around them are better looking than the guy next to them. It doesn't matter as long as you're attracted to your SO.

With that aside, it helps to flirt and smile and so forth. Guys don't just measure how attractive you are to them but how approachable. Even the most attractive girl won't get approached much if she looks stand-offish. Looking approachable can arguably be just as important (maybe even more in some cases) as how nice you just look (in a statuesque/photogenic kind of sense not considering how approachable you look) to a particular guy.

In the meantime you could try to lose weight simultaneously. It's not absolutely necessary though since there are some guys who are into overweight girls. They're quite a minority though, so you might lure the interest of more guys by slimming down if you can. That said, it doesn't always help your chances to be attractive to more people, if that comes at the cost of blending in. Sometimes it can be helpful to be attractive to fewer people if it means you can stand out.

That said, I still tend to encourage fitness and health for everyone since it can make you feel better about yourself and also give you a lot more energy. You don't necessarily require it though to find a guy.

• Thank you very much! I appreciate it! And I'm working on losing the wait I know for myself I'll feel 100% better, because I have lost it before. And maybe even come more approachable!

• Very charismatic people tend to attract people of all walks in life, of all age groups, both sexes. It tends to help not just with love life but with everything: work, family, etc. People just treat you better when you have that outwardly glow that makes you appear like the easiest and friendliest and down-to-earth type of person and when you're really charming to talk to, e. g. It's not the easiest thing to achieve but it's a skill that can be improved, not necessarily a natural born gift. It might take forcing yourself to smile and look more confident and comfortable and cheerful than you really are at first, for example, but if you get even the slightest bit of success from doing it, it tends to become more and more natural. The success of attracting people from that behavior reinforces it to the point where it becomes second nature.

• Best thing is that you don't have to look like a superstar to be a very charismatic person. I've seen them come in all forms of sizes and shapes. Yet they get the superstar treatment because they look and act and speak in a way which is so easy for everyone to relate to. They're the types of people you always want to prioritize inviting to your party, and always want as a best friend or even a lover.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you feel that you are not pretty enough, try to change it. If you think your weight is causing you an issue and if you think it makes you very insecure, work on losing it.

What Guys Said 4

• The only one who can change you is you, and only if you believe you need changing. I won't tell you that you won't find anyone, because that wouldn't be true; I believe that sooner or later, you'll find someone no matter what. It may take longer if you don't change, but it'll happen. It's simple supply and demand.

• If you want to get their attention line dance whenever possible. If you're a good dancer someone will notice.

• loose some weight then. why do you need to ask this?

• So what is your question?

What Girls Said 1

• Work on your appearance till you are satisfied with yourself. Everything else will eventually come.