It's my birthday and he only sent a text, am I wasting time?

So my boyfriend and I have been fighting and taking a break. Today is my birthday and he only sent a text this morning. Am I selfish to want more? If he really truly cares, would he call? Mind you we haven't spoken on the phone in a week.

54

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you need to wait for the tension to lower down before talking to him and seeing whether he actually cares after all you two have been fighting so it's not surprising that he's not being as attentive towards you

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• First off, happy birthday.

What led to the break? Did you want the break, or was it his idea?
    How long have you been dating?

Turn it around for a second, if it was his bday what would you have done/said?

• I would call him. However to break the ice, I sent a text about not getting flowers, so does that mean dinner? He responded with a text of 12 roses.

• Whose decision was it to go on a break?

• BREAK !!!😓

• @Ktbl2013
    You deserve more than a text

What Girls Said 4

• You definitely deserve at least a phone call. What a douche.

• you're on a break though...

• How long have you been together? You haven't communicated in over a week?

• He wants to be brief and quick to avoid awkwardness since you recently fought. You should totally voice your opinion about this when both of you have made up.