How soon is too soon to try again after being rejected?

So I was rejected by my crush a few days ago. While it hurt initially, I decided to go forward and put myself back into the dating game. My female best friend disagrees and thinks I should take a short break from dating. The problem is I truly feel fine I want to move forward not looking back. What should I do?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• if you feel ready to date then go ahead and date!

There is no such thing as "too soon" after a rejection - if you go to a bar and approach the first person you see, the answer has a high chance of being a "no" (maybe she has a boyfriend, maybe she only dates women, maybe she doesn't want to date anyone, maybe she's just not interested in you). But you can't let that stop you from apporoaching someone else.

I've learned that the more guys I approach, the more rejections I get, but that's just the way it is! Sometimes you need to approach a bunch of people before finding someone you click with! And the more times you ask someone out, you get better at doing, and gain more confidence so the next person you ask is more likely to say yes!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you feel fine, confident then there is no reason to take a break from the dating scene. Get out there and ask girls out until one or several go out on a date with you.

I believe you should take a break if it takes time for one to recover from a rejection. It took me months to get over my crush rejecting me. After that I got back into the dating scene. But if you can just dust off the rejection, then move on right away.

• I've been rejected a few times now back to back. The first time I got rejected I needed the time to heal. But I've noticed the only real way for me to completely move on from someone is to get back out there and try again with someone new. I could wait six months without dating and still think about the person who rejected me, but the moment I find someone new, I forget about the other person in little to no time. My point is its best to move forward and waste no time instead of to be fixated on things.

What Girls Said 4

• If you feel that you are 100% fine to go back and start dating... then go for it. Most people usually take a break from dating for a few months to heal and stop become bitter and then they start the process again.

• Trying to date again is cool, but most of the time when a girl rejects you she means it, repeatedly trying the same thing might make you look pushy, creepy, and/or desperate

• I think you kind of missed what I was trying to say. I'm not going to actively pursue the same girl but remain friends with her. If she ever comes back around then good for me and I wouldn't say no but I'm not counting on that. I want to shake it off and pursue someone new.

• Ohh lol yea I thought you were trying again, but that's the spirit more people should be like you. I always say to try again it's too many women in this world

• Been there done that. I tried pursuing one of my past friends even after she rejected me. Partly because of that and other reasons we are not friends anymore. No need to make the same mistakes twice that's the definition of insanity.

• Never too soon!
    Get back out there!!!

• move forward. XD

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!