Guys, Are white men attracted to black women?

I've always thought about dating a white guy so have few of my friends. However, there's always a fair of being discriminated because of our skin colour. So the big question is do white men find black women attractive or if there still a big issue of racial discrimination? Whats your views on dating black women?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Is be totally open to it.

My guess is some guys it's effectively a no, and others it's not a disadvantage at all.

It's not like, to put it a different way, let's say we have a girl who is a 7. She can get plenty of guys. Now if she was less hot and a 6 she'd have less options and those options would be a little less blown away.

This isn't like that. Let's say we have a black girl who s a 7. Half the white guys anebt interested and think she's a 4. The other half think she's a 7.

That's actually better than being a 6. It means you have to meet twice as many guys as you would if every guy thought you were a 7. But among those guys they do find you really attractive.

If that's your pic? You look pretty to me.

What Guys Said 23

• I'm mostly attracted to white girls because I love pale skin, but I have known a few black girls I've been attracted to. I currently know one that I've often considered asking out because she's radiantly beautiful and always smiling.
    I love to see elegance in a woman, and at least where I live, most black girls are neither elegant nor even slightly interested in trying to be. And to be fair, white girls who lack elegance are just as unattractive to me.
    I would also say that even for the black girls I'm attracted to, such as the one I mentioned, I'm very hesitant to ask them out because of how it causes the community to perceive them. Where I live (mid-South), a desirable white guy with a black girl immediately starts rumors that she's just his sex toy. In my own experience, those rumors usually start in the black community, which can alienate her from her own friends and family.
    One example was when I was in college, I was in a lab group with two black girls. One day, for some reason, one of the chairs was missing. I was already seated when the girls arrived, which left one without a chair. I was raised as a gentleman, so I gave her my chair and stood through the lab. Everyone in the room was shocked, including the girl, though she was very appreciative of the act of kindness. As it turned out, the other blacks in the class started 'talking' about us because they said I had to be getting something from her to be kind to her like that. I wasn't. I didn't even know her name. But the rumor still spread, which hurt her image.
    I'm now very careful about how I treat the black women in my life. Maybe too careful, I don't know.
    Sorry this was long

• I do appreciate your thorough response. It's sad to know that your society perceive black&white relationships with such distaste. But i guess it stems from we what we were taught where history is concerned interms of black women being treated as mere 'sexual toys' to white men and it seems the idea is still very much alive in your society. However, I'm from the caribbean and a lot of women persue interracial relatioships, it's not necessarily frowned upon but seem as something hard to acquire as we are of the perception that most white men dislike black women. I respect and understand the reasoning behind your preference though. I think you should ask that girl out though if u like her that much, if she's comfortable to persue a relationship go ahead with it.

• It's just preference, you cannot force someone to be attracted to someone they're not physically attracted to, you can't just guilt trip people and say "OH! YOU'RE RACIST! YOU HAVE TO BE ATTRACTED TO BLACK WOMEN!"

I personally find some black women attractive, but to be quite honest, I can't get aroused by many.

• It's always a two sided coin. If desire for a white man comes from you then by default there is room for a white man to not want a dArk women. Can't have one without the other much like you can't have hot without cold

As for a general opinion, not my personal opinion, black women seem to be the least desired

• Yeah, I think that if you're attractive then your attractive. Skin color might change how some features are accented, but if your pretty and have a good personality then you're going to be attractive.

• That's not racial discrimination in a racist, ignorant way. That's preference, just as long as he's into that skin color or not

• Yes, I am attracted to them.

• Yes but it depends on the personality and to be clear a lot of white guys get turned down because they're white, so i wouldn't necessarily call that discrimination just preference.

• Men are attracted to BEAUTIFUL women. It doesn't matter what their ethnicity is.

They are interested in 'what you'll do for me'. Just exactly what do you bring to a relationship that is of high value? And no, not your vagina. :)

• I'm very attracted to black women :)

• Some are

• i'm white and i've had a couple black gf's, if ur cute and ur acting right most white guys will go out with u

• Come on. I know Trump is President, but it isn't really the 1950s. Of course we are. Duh!

• Some are, some aren't. Me personally I don't find black women attractive. It has nothing to do with "racial discrimination" and I do not appreciate it being implied that I am a racist because of what I am and am not attracted to.

• Thank you for your review, however i was not implying that men who do not find us attractive are racist but many black women are fearful of approaching a white guy they are interested because they dont want to risk being rejected due to their skin colour.

• 1- Yes, I have helped all of the friends who have shown any kind of self esteem issues.
      2- I view everyone as equal.. people are excel in different ways. If anything I'd view myself lower due to not being able to accept many things.
      3 - Yes. Everyone is good in their own way.

• Good! Now internalize those beliefs except the one that you're lower. I promise you you aren't bro. Like you agreed, we're all valuable. You're no different. Treat yourself like you would a friend. Show compassion to yourself. And realize no one can take your worth away, you're a person therfore you're inherently worthy. I hope this all helps.

• Hell yes

• Connection is the most important thing (regardless of skin color). A lot of white guys may be intimidated by the idea because of discrimination and stereotypes of intensity. Got to find the right guy

• I guess you're right. Both sides are afraid to take the risk.

• apparently no race prefers black women according to a study done from a dating website

• The light skinned, yes. But I still prefer white and latina

• no they are ugly

• I like a very specific type of black girl

• Yeah, some are. Most black women aren't so fortunately for you, the numbers work out in your favor. You can find a white guy if that's what you really want.

• Physically, yes.

But most of them I've known have had a very off putting attitude that I can't seem to get past.

• Well i guess some black women are a bit too blunt and loud. But it all depends on how they were socialized or their family backgrounds.

• Inbox me i'd like to explain a few things to you privately

• Why would you not explain here?

• I am and I was married to one but I'm not attracted to all of them because of color just as I'm not attracted to all white women

• Many of them do not like black women, but quite a few do. You just have to keep trying and looking. Obama's mother was white, Michelle Jean's husband is white, Bill Burr's wife is black, and there are countless other examples. You just have to find the ones who do not discriminate. Go for it.

• They can be yes

• I want most helpful answer