How does body type affect your attraction?

Men, the media displays the sexiest women as being curvy and "thick" and many people refer to them as real women especially with the 'love your body'/stop bodyshaming movements. Do you personally find a cuvy woman sexier? I am still quite young obviously but as a smaller petite human do you feel like you would be attracted to a heavier woman than an petite athletic woman? Does size matter to you? Do you have a specific type? How necessary is it that a woman has a big ass or boobs? How much do these traits affect your definition of beauty and would you be less attracted to a woman if they didn't have these assets?

Women, are the only men who catch your eye tan, athletic guys with abs, a sharp jaw line, and nice hair? Would you date a guy with a "dad bod"? Would you be attracted to a hairy guy? What about dick size? Would you leave a guy if you felt he wasn't well endowed? Does height matter? Would you be attracted to a guy shorter than you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Media nonsense aside, attraction develops naturally and individuals have personal preferences based on what they personally find attractive. There is no broad or generalized "more attractive" body type, and it wouldn't matter anyway because what's more important is a) you accept your body for what it is, and b) the people you date or who want to date you will find you attractive, and you can't force other people to find you attractive.

• Thank you, i would definitely agree. I've noticed a lot that people have become quite close minded and shallow when it comes to dating and they focus on having a "type" im interested in knowing if this really is a common thing or if its just people on social media

• I just had a discussion about this subject on another question, and you're right, it is close-minded to choose a "type" of person, because then you close yourself off to allowing your feelings to develop naturally for whoever, and you narrow your options by fixating on certain physical characteristics (or other types) of a person and overlook other people who don't fit into that box, which is just silly really. I think people should just allow themselves to like who they like, love who they love, and not discriminate based on some pre-determined idea of who or what their ideal partner will be.

• Very much agreed

What Guys Said 10

• If I had a 'type' of girl that I would consider the most attractive to me, it'll always be the athletic one. Curvy is nice and all but personally not the first thing I look for in a girl at all, I actually prefer girls similar to me, hence why I like athletic ones. Boob and ass size not an issue for me, I mean the only thing I would really want them to physically have is a nice butt, and it doesn't need to be big for that lol, but that still doesn't make it a mandatory requirement for women I want to date. Just like how I prefer brunettes, doesn't mean I disregard a girl with blonde hair. Beauty comes from their personality because as it's been said countless times before, 'a beautiful face and body can never make up for an ugly personality.'

• I'm more attracted to naturally skinny girls. or average... but I'm not too much into "thick". Boobs and ass size aren't that important to me, the overall body is what matters. the shape, proportions and feeling is more important than just the size.

my type

https://i.imgur.com/LQkFf0V.jpg

• If you've got sex appeal then you're going to be sexy. Size doesn't matter to a point and I feel like that point is when body size becomes unhealthy. It's really just do you have a pleasing figure.

• I'm attract to naturally thin and athletic women, that is what men are generally attracted too. The butt/boobs isn't as important as her overall body.

& The media can display fat women all they want, that doesn't change what men are attracted too. Size DOES matter. For men at least.

• Curvy is my ideal.

• If she's not a stick or a whale, has at least b cups, and isn't ugly in the face, then she's attractive to me

• I prefer girls that are fit and athletic. But honestly as long as it's a healthy weight I'm happy

• Anything between too skinny and too fat is fine !! One should look healthy !!

• just be hygenic and fit

• I'm 5'8 with a with a nice dad bod lol. I've dated plenty of girls but I don't think they necessarily look for that. Women are shallow.

• Well when younger anyway. Once a woman hits 30 her standards slide.

• No I meant what is your opinion on the questions that you asked?

• Oh! I lean toward guys who are a bit taller and fit but really my preferences are flexible. I am a very active person and i would need someone willing to go exploring and do physical activities. Im a short girl so being taller than me isn't hard and if there was a guy with the right personality then height would definitely not be a problem. Im not usually attracted to overly masculine men ("alphas", buff or hair guys) im a pretty quiet person so id much rather have someone who would just enjoy a nice debate or conversation over with me than someone who expects me to always submit or agree. Again, all of these things are completely subjective and I would never rule out anyone based on appearance if they had everything else i wanted.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm much more attracted to a thicker or curvier woman than a petite or athletic one. Size matters a little, I don't tend to like slim or fat very much, so for me I usually like women who are average up to a little chubby which is fine. I prefer hourglass or pear shaped women, arse is more important than boobs.

For guys, tanned athleticism with abs isn't my thing. I'm cool with the 'dad bod', I tend to like guys who are skinny or average and a little chubby is fine too. My partner has always been skinny and had issues gaining weight but now is losing weight rapidly and it's becoming a little dangerous again so obviously that's not ideal but I did like when he was at his heaviest. Hair guys aren't really my thing but it's not a huge problem. Only been with this one dude so I can't really comment on whether dick size is that important seeing as obviously I've only experienced one dick bu I think that as long as the dude was average sized, it'd probably be fine. Height does matter, I'm 5'2 and I don't want someone smaller than me (male or female, but at 5'2, that's not very hard) but my partner is the tallest I would go and he's 6'0 so no one above 6'0 would really be my preference.

• I've always liked the petite type of bodies. Even though I'm relatively happy with my own, I did always think small slim girls were really "feminine" looking. But then that could also be said for curvy women who aren't lacking in hips, tits and ass.
    What is seen as "attractive" is definitely subjective, but either way both of these body types are attractive in different ways.

As for men I'm not in to muscles or square jaws, I honestly find average bodies more attractive, and I like a cute boyish face.

• I think every body type has its beauty and different people will have different preferences.

I generally get attracted to athletic guys or hippie looking lol
    if he's fairly active, I think so. I'm very active so I couldn't be with someone that is not.
    I don't mind a liiiitle bit of hair, but very hairy is not attractive to me
    I don't care about the dick size, as long as he has one is all good lol
    I only expect the guy to be taller than me and I'm 5'3" so no big deal 😛

• Well I'm really athletic myself so I would prefer an athletic guy myself

• I like fit muscular guys