Too ugly for love?

Im almost 18 and never had a boyfriend or pretty much anyone to even have a crush on me. Since I've always been an "uglie" I've spent a lot of my time perfecting my personality (not really perfecting bc no one is perfect but getting it in order) and it makes me sad that no one sees me for who I am, I know my personality is in order so it has to be my looks getting in the way. I don't know what else to do anymore I just don't feel good enough. I don't hurt anyone, I respect everyone, I try to help other people the best way I can, I'm always there for people regardless of If I like them or not, therefore I'm never in drama so I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong when I'm being the best person I can be but no one sees that

38

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Welcome to the club.
    Personality matters, but usually only AFTER they've already been attracted to your looks. For relationships that is.

However, you're still young and probably not even ugly, as you teens can be so dramatic with this "forever alone" crap. And even if you are, in fact considered not conventionally attractive, there's still hope for you to be a late bloomer. Ugly duckling and whatnot.

And let's say worst case scenario, you are ugly and stay ugly. There's always room for you in my WGTOW club. Embrace the unattractiveness
    m.quickmeme.com/.../...9c54954c54c2ab456d98b70.jpg

What Guys Said 7

• that age is hard because people are not mature. You could be Mother Teresa and it won't work. You could be the hottest girl in the class and scare most guys off (ok some of them).

Your personality sounds familiar, and it may be harder for you because girls who are emotional and manipulative often may catch guys.

There is a bit of a game required to peek others interest, something you'll have to learn, but play it in your own way. There is for the boys and there is for the girls. Some girls/boys are terrible at it and thus take long time to get started.

So learn how guys think, what they react to, try to get dates and learn like all of us. Be yourself, but be fun and engaging. I didn't have a date til I was well over 22.

The larger your pool of options, the better your chance of success.

• You're trying too hard. I'll post the same thing I did last week for the same damn question...

This weekend go to your local mall. Only this time DON'T SHOP, just find a nice bench in the middle of everything and just people watch. You'll see the most oddball weird people, all kinds and sorts, walking and holding hands with their SOMEONE. They've found someone to share with. And that's what it's all about.

Just be open. Talk to people with genuine interest, with your 'perfect personality' you've created, and just hone your social skills 'till you can talk to anybody. Strike up conversations with strangers just to practice. So that when you meet a guy that is compatible you'll actually have something to say.

• When people are young, as are and your peers are, appearances are the most important. In a few years that will change.

• No one is ever "too ugly" for love. If that was true, I'd never get a date.

• I was 19 before I got into my first adult relationship. You're being to hard on yourself and the majority of the guys that crush on you aren't gonna tell you. Don't be hard on yourself you sound like the perfect girl. And when you do find them you're probably gonna be spending a lot of your time trying to figure out how to get rid of them. Been there done that one too.

• Kid, you got more than 60 years left in ya. Be patiebt.

• Same, I feel you.

What Girls Said 2

• Always be you! You seem like a great person. Just remember you don't need someone to make you happy. Be happy with yourself first. See yourself as beautiful and carry yourself that way. The right person will come along when you stop looking. They will add to your life!

• beauty is subjective so there will be some who find you cute