I am too emotional, would this be a problem in deep relationships?

So I grew up pretty close to my mum which makes me really emotional right now.

like I have never hurt a girl and felt normal with it before. I hide this usually but I won't be able to with long relationships which I haven't gotten into yet. Mostly short.

I know some girls see it as sweet some girls see it as a weakness. What do you say?

• That's a turn off
  • That's sweet and not a turn off
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Lmao not that I want to change anything.

What I am saying is should I hide something for a while or supress them?

151

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's a turnoff when THIS IS YOU and you should accept yourself for who you are, why would you CHANGE something about yourself?
    Honestly, a lot of girls appreciate MEN like you and you can just be proud of yourself, you should be an example to many men out there that treat their Mom and their Women like crap.

Good job <3

Most Helpful Guy

• yea, just grow up and fuck women

What Girls Said 14

• Why would it make sense to hurt anyone woman or man? Why do you think that's supposed to be normal. To not enjoy hurting people, That's not emotional that's just humane.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by emotional.

For example My mom is excessively stoic. My dad is really dramatic... growing up close to a mom is not enough info. Or really any at all.

• I think it's sweet as long as you're not obsessing over her all the time and she over you. If you just have a good relationship and enjoy spending time with each other, that's really nice.

• Hmm hard to say. I do like a guy who's in touch with his emotions but too much is a turn off. I also find guys who are super close with their mother usually have issues with girlfriends and their mothers usually cause issues. No hate, just my experience, personally.

• What do you mean with relationships and shit.

• A month is a long time. But fair enough as long as it's not more than that. But you've never told your mum about any girl?

• Sometimes.

• No its not a turn off.

You can be emotional and strong mentally.

• NEVER hide it lol. That's unfair to the girl, cause she won't know what she's getting into.

Anyway, I don't think it's a problem. I'd rather have an emotional boyfriend than a man of stone.
    If my boyfriend had problems, I'd try to help out instead of leaving. Unless he was totally insane and agressive ofc.

But I definitely don't see emotion as weakness.
    These days we're way too encouraged to abandon anyone that becomes a slight burden. Like everything has to be a party. I think that's sad bs.

• I love it when guys can be sensitive, but there are times I really like a guy to be tough and strong.

And If you have that perfect mixture of confidence and compassion while also being fun and good looking, then for gods sake just marry me already lol

But yeah being a sensitive person isn't immediately a turn off.

• That is not at all a turn off, I like emotional guys.

• Only a bitch would see emotions as a weakness
    If someone has no emotions I wouldn't waste my very precious time with him

• nah there's nothing to hide.

• Do you sob when people see you naked? And say don't look at me, don't look at me?

• No I sob in private when I stick my strap on inside my girlfriend tiny ass while she screams stop.

Tragic

• Don't show them and don't tell them. You being emotional is only between.

• No it's definitely a good thing to be emotional.

• everything excessive can be problem

• Just be real, don't pretend to be someone you're not. Eventually, you'll meet the right person & you'd end up having a much longer relationship with her (leading to marriage)

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!