How do I tell a guy I'm not interested without hurting his feelings?

I stay on campus and I have seen this guy before. I noticed that he was staring at me. I
didn't pay him no attention because I wasn't interested. Last week he saw me alone and he approached me. He asked me if it was okay for him to get to know me. I was hesistate because I wasn't interested. I only said yes because I felt if I had said no I would have hurt his feelings. I wish I was honest. He wants to hang out but I'm not really feeling this guy. My best friend told me to give him a chance but, I not interested. If I go to the gym he wants to go. If I go to a ball game he wants to go too. How do I tell him that I'm not interested without coming off as being rude? He likes me but, I don't feel the same way about him. I wish I was honest from the start.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• He will be hurt, so get it over with. Don't give him false hope.

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk about other guys.
    Just say in general convo that you are really not into anyway at the moment and have no plans, at all, to date for a while.
    Tell him the truth - you only want to hang out every so often and that's it.

• Yeah you're right.
      You said to tell him that we should hang out every so often. I don't want to hang out with him at all. I'm just going to tell him.

• Yeah, its probably best to put him straight sooner rather than later.

What Guys Said 5

• Just tell him you are flattered by his interest but you are interested in someone else.

• It sucks but honesty is best. No way around it this kinda thing sucks. Better to tell him now then and save him some of the bullshit I've been through.

• friendzone him? by friend zoning I mean just to say hey and bye whenever you see him. at first you can tell him that you are looking for dating.

• You don't. If he likes you there is nothing you can do but turn him down or lie to him.

• grab his balls and say fuck off... is that not what you girls are taught in feminist school?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!