Am I doing something wrong?

Hi! My name is Eva and I'm a sixteen year old from Holland. And lately i've been wondering:
I'm 16 and I have never been on a real date and I have never kissed some one or had a boyfriend. And lately that has been bothering me. Am I doing something wrong? I'm pretty happy with how I look and I'm not that shy. I just want to wait for the right person you know? But is that old-fashioned? Is it wrong? I just don't know anymore... Thanks so much for even reading this :)

You guys are all just the best! The moment I read your comments I started to blush and smile :) It really made my day!

112

Most Helpful Guy

• At what age do girls start dating in Holland? In the US, I think the average is 15-16, so it's not as if life has passed you by.

When guys look at you, do they have the impression that you would be receptive to their interest or is it possible they might feel intimidated? You didn't post a picture but if you are very attractive, I know that some pretty girls don't get approached because guys think you already have 4 boyfriends!

If you want to find someone to become special in your life, you should consider getting involved in group activities that include buy guys and girls. Often, people at your age need to overcome shyness and group activities are a great setting to do that. . . and a great setting to meet members of the opposite sex without feeling any pressure. Are there any youth group activities available to you through school, church, or interest groups?

• Oh my god. Why is this so true? I guess the reason why I'm not in much group acctivities is because of school. I have a busy schedule right now...

Most Helpful Girl

• You are fine. I got my first kiss when I was around 18. You have time, I promise.

What Guys Said 11

• Don't assume that "old fashioned" is bad. A good relationship cannot, and should not, be rushed. Actually, I'd recommend you to stay in that mindset, because you'll have a better dating experience, once you do start. Rushing relationships is what causes people to.. dislike, the other gender. It's better to wait, than to get with the wrong person. However, if you do find someone, experience is always a good thing, so if you somewhat trust the guy, do go ahead and have fun. :)

• Thank you so much. It is amazing how you people make me happy! I was really worried of being alone forever...

• You're not doing anything legally, morally or spiritually wrong. But if you want to date someone, take the first step.

• You're doing nothing wrong. You're still young and, like you said, you're waiting for the right person. For now it's okay.

• You're still young enough to not worry. And there's nothing wrong with waiting for the guy but make sure you're not waiting on him to do everything for you. Perhaps approach, smile, be open and etc yourself.

• u never met a guy u liked

• You said it yourself. You wanna wait for the right person. There's nothing wrong with that. People rush these things and they end up disappointed and then complain about the unpleasant experiences. Wait until someone you are really comfortable with comes around in your life. It will most certainly pay off.

• Niets mis mee! Neem de tijd.
    The right guy will come along, and when you find him your going to be happy you skipped all the bad ones.

• no being old fashioned is good, dont rush into a relationship or firsts till you find the right person

• Seeing your pic
    You look cute even tho it's not clear
    Just wait if you feel like it
    Do it whenever you find a guy who's your type and likes you

• not at all wrong. fine

• It's old fashioned, but it's not wrong at all. Also you're 16.. chill.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!