How to find dates the old fashioned way?

I've been using dating sites for a while since I've been single and it has not helped much.
So what are some other ways to meet potential dates?
Bars? Clubs?
Or is the best way through mutual friends?

1110

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean there's no "best way", it's all a matter of seizing the moment when it presents itself. Whether that's asking out the cute coffee clerk, the girl at the pharmacy, some person you met in a line in the bank - go to where the people are and approach. It's all you can do. Though connections with friends help sometimes.

• i agree, i've gotten more dates by asking out girls at the gym and at the grocery store than any bar or club

Most Helpful Guy

• The old fashioned way is through being a part of a growing society

First, remove the internet
    Remove movies, games and toys
    No jerking off, no porn
    Reset your mental perspective back to hard work = reward

Be a active part of the world and you're bound to bump into women all day long

• How is that going to help him to bump into women lol? if you hard work you have no time to bump into anyone.

- hard work at job : 12-14h
      - hard work at gym : 1-2h
      - eating and transport : 1h
      - sleep : 6-8h

I hardly see when you are bound to bump into someone

What Girls Said 10

• They say that people who date that have mutual friends tend to stay together longer and have better relationships becuase you're both friends with the same people so that must mean you both will be similar to each other.

Want to meet single people go to places single people go. Try some bars or clubs. Even when you're out at a grocery store or the mall you could meet someone. Just approach a lady and talk. Maybe when you're at the store ask one if they know where whatever is or if they ever cooked with a certain item before and ask how it turned out and then try and stick with small talk. If they just brush you off leave it as that. Any 'failed' attempt is more practice and helps you better yourself at trying to talk to women.

• Mutual friends - not a bad way to meet people, but not the only way.

Why don't you go out in the world a bit more and just see who you run into? Maybe spend some time in coffee shops, bookstores, or whatever places you enjoy? If you see a girl you think is cute, smile from where you are and see if she smiles back. If she does, try going over and striking up a conversation with her. Your odds are as good or better than in a clubbing environment. It's hard to really connect with another person in a bar. Try the rest of the world! Volunteer for a cause you care about, or just spend time at places where other people will be, and see what happens.

• What about the park you go to, or a library, or the gym.

But forget the bar or club - that's not relationship material.

Just say to her "I am not being rude, or anything, and sorry if I come off too strong, but I feel attracted to you, and if its okay with you.. can I get to know you more, sorry and thank you".

:-) good luck

• the best way to find a girlfriend is through your social circle. Join meet up. com or join a cooking class or an aerobics class at the gym or a dance class or a karate class or a jitsu class or enrol in a gym at a local college or university so that you can meet college age girls.

• Through friends or through work

• You can't because it's not an old fashioned world anymore.

• Pretty much everywhere. Just go out there and socialize, flirt, explore.

• I met my girlfriend at school

• Depends on the kind of girl you want to meet. If you want a regular old slut bars are fine, but if you would like a good girl try animal shelters, hardware stores and any other sort of "what you are into" business. Go fishing in new places, see who shows up. Try to build a friendship with her and then beware... bitches be crazy...

• through friends (network), work, interests (at a store if you are looking at hiking gear and so is she, or a girl is in a cafe reading a book you loved & know a good bit about), hobbies (through a group or team your in)...

• Funny story: a guy once hit on me over a book I was reading in the park... we talked for hours. I am married but I got his info and hooked him up with the friend who had recommended me the book (it wasn't something I'd normally read)... they ended up getting married -lol.

• That is an awesome story!

What Guys Said 9

• What kind of person do you like? Where would they usually go?

• You have to find the right site.

The sites I use have more women than men.

• What is the old-fashioned way? Meeting someone in HS?

• Bars.

That's about it.

• I don't know. I've done everything possible and nothing

• Mutual friends are the best. Clubs and bars are for one nighters usually

• The old fashioned way is no longer socially acceptable.

Friends, school, internet/tinder or bust.

• You gotta climb up a ferris wheel then threaten to jump off if she doesn't agree to a date.

• This is sage advice right here. haha

• you should be lucky you don't have a woman in your life...

It's MUCH BETTER to be single in this feminist society