Do you still believe the myth of Caucasian guys being successful with East Asian women?

https://nextshark.com/the-truth-about-being-a-white-guy-in-asia/

This article discusses how East Asian girls, and especially the hot ones, prefer their own kind. I think that is true for any race for that matter not only East Asian.

114

Most Helpful Guy

• yea iv been in korea for a long time and typically speaking ya they do tend to stick to other koreans

• Yeah I've observed that too, in Japan and China.

What Girls Said 1

• My guy is white...

• I remember talking to you before. You are a white ass kisser lol. But seriously, East Asian girls living in other countries don't count because THEY'RE SURROUNDED BY 98% CAUCASIANS ONLY. It just the probability idiot.

• My point exactly, you want to...

• Yeahhh...

What Guys Said 13

• I knew a lot of guys in Korea who were hitting Korean girls. Same to a lesser extent in Japan. There the main obstacle is language - if you're a white guy who speaks fluent Japanese you're golden. Of course those are rather rare.

• Yeah language, culture lot of factors don't work in inter-racial dating

• Wow. Tell that to my parents... Dad is from UK and Mum is Singaporean/Malaysian mixed. They've been married for almost 50 years

• But your mom does not live in Singapore. The girls who are not living in their own country do not count because they're surrounded by 98% of foreigners in other countries. Also one or two exceptions do not count when we're talking about the general populance

• They met in Singapore

• That's what I'm saying exceptions could be there. Hell I'm Indian and I've only ever been with Caucasian/European women, but I won't make a egotistical statement that Euro women "prefer" someone of different race.

• I know it's not a myth, I know a guy who went to Thailand and found a wife, my would-be brother in law went to China and got a wife, a biker I know went to Japan and got a wife...

The counter argument is given in one of the comments below the article itself. The Western Man was raised differently and treats his Asian Woman a lot differently. He listens to and values her opinion, he is affectionate and caring, he doesn't hit her, he treats her well... unlike a lot of the locals.

• I'm Indian, I went to Europe and dated many Euro women. I still won't say that Euro women actually "prefer" other race guys, that will be confirmation bias. You're generalising too much about East Asian guys, from what I've seen they're most well behaved people I've come across. Also they are completely against intermixing in the mainland. Especially in Japan where racial purity matters a lot. I'm not even East Asian but have been there so I know.

• Shall we arrange a cage match for our anecdotal evidence to settle this once and for all?

• Hell in a Cell... :D

• In one's native region that is expected. However when it is said that being Caucasian is highly desired by Asian women, it's usually the ones that have left their ethnic reigion

Of course the ones that stay and rather hVe the Asian core lifestyle will prefer another Asian. But the ones that leave to explore the world - will almost always have a Caucasian desire

• Those who have left their region will be surrounded by 98% natives. So it is more of a mathematical probability than a preference.

• RACIST!!!

• I didn't make the rules. I just interpret them ;)

• I think most people pair with their own race, but out of all the interacial pairings, white man with Asian woman is probably the most common.

• That is common for women who are living in those places. They are surrounded by 98% of natives so getting involved with them is most probable

• I find the whole thing almost adorable.

• What I see in my region (USA, southern California) is the contrary of what u say. I see so much AzN/white swirling going on!

• I'm talking about mainland, where women have options. In US they will find themselves to be surrounded by 98% Caucasian guys. So that phenomenon falls flat due to permutations and combinations.

• if you have met 'euro' girls , so what is your opinion on Indian guys or any other race?

• It's not a myth, but keep deluding yourself on it.

That guy that wrote the article? Sounds and looks like a complete skinny little douche.
    "strapping up" - Only an idiot would do that and expect to pick up any meaningful girl.

• 1. I don't need to delude myself because I'm just an unbiased spectator. I'm neither East Asian nor Caucasian. It's just that any race preferring another race has always been a myth. It's a stereotype too that most Caucasian women fantasize about Black guys.
      2. Also that strapping on thing he did once to check out his game... "whether he could pick up despite strap on".
      3. Knowing East Asian culture very well I can attest to the fact (atleast in case of rich East Asian countries like Japan, China and South Korea) that foreigners are looked down upon.

• Their self hate is pretty stronk.

• Self hate? Whose?

• Asian girls.

• Not really, I think the ones who are raised in western country are made to feel that way. But the ones in mainland are quite snobbish and egotistical. I think most people get into this myth cause they have never been to the mainland and can only base their experience on basis on small number of East-Asian women they have seen.

• I dont believe because it is true.

• Women are women. You can't live by statistics

• That's a fascinating single anecdote.

As a counter anecdote, one of my former coworkers spent a year working as a DJ in Singapore and hit triple figures. His ex girlfriend from there was a magazine model.

Which one of those anecdotes is the truth? Both, and neither, they're anecdotes.

The data is pretty strong that white guys do well in asia.

And in north America, more Asian women are cohabitating with white guys than with Asian guys.

• When you say "do well" how is that measured?
      Like do they do better than they would with white women? Better than a similarly attractive Asian man would with Asian women?

• @Bandit74 Marginally above average, tall, very good social skills. Gets laid really easily here as well. Or did when I know him. Has since become an investment banker, can't imagine things have gotten worse for him. He was at a point even when I knew him where he was generally looking for relationships, but one night stands between them would just happen without him really intending it. Yeah.

• Have any positive anecdotes about shy guys who are average height? 🙈