My boyfriend says I'm needy a lot and clingy what can I do to fix this?

my boyfriend and I have been together for a year and 3 months we sometimes argue over ridiculous things. He tends to say I'm needy a lot and clingy and I try not to be I just care a lot about him and he never shows emotion really. I've never heard him call me pretty or beautiful in the year we have been together. The only word he says to me is babe. I'm a very emotional person when it comes to a guy I care about. He just shows no emotions ever and sometimes tries to talk down to me. He is very good to me meaning taking me out always but constantly tries to make me feel like the bad one. He one time tried to make me feel guilty just because he pays all the time when we go out and I always offer to but he doesn't let me pay. What do I do in this situation?

What Guys Said 1

• Stand up to him. He doesn't respect you because you let him have it his way. Tell him to compliment you more or force him to let you pay for dinner. Show him you won't back down.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, maybe you are acting a bit clingy, maybe not... I can't really tell because you haven't gone into your specific behaviors. But, regardless of that, he is definitely not treating you very well. It sounds like this is a situation where your needs aren't being met, in a pretty big way. I know you care about him, but him blaming you for everything ("making you feel like the bad one") is a bit of a red flag.

I want to recommend a book to you, "Codependent No More," by Melody Beattie. That book has helped a lot of women and I think it might be useful to you and help give you some answers. The tools in that book might help you stop any needy behavior, but also find a way to actually get your needs met. Hope it helps!!

• leave him?