If a guys doesn't pay any date does it mean he would never buy me anything?

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

922

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you didn't pay either, does it mean you'll never buy him anything?

• I'm a girl.

• Maybe that's why he didn't pay. Because he can sense you feel a certain way

He wants you to feel paying is a privilege not a entitlement

Most Helpful Girl

• Because that's what's important when you get to know a guy: if he'll buy you shit.

... Really? Maybe he just sees you as an equal.

• It's a nice things to do, plus he have a lot more money than me.

• @ak666 he say he love me, never spending money on me and still cheat on me. This is nonsense.
      For the painting and all. It's the same. He give something to her. My date never give me something to me or do something nice to me.
      If he had doing a painting or anything like that for me, i would be happy. It's a sign of affection.

• @ak666 It's parents who paid for the wedding... So this wouldn't have any problem. Plus nobody would give you money for your wedding, you have a wedding you can afford or you have none.

What Guys Said 21

• The fuck is this logic? Girls these days... smh >.>

• i can ask. My friend date always pay for her.

• www.court-records.net/.../miles-shrug(d).gif

Ah... Gender roles at its finest. The answer to your question is "No".

• What difference does it make? This is why dating is dying, all the perceived gold diggers and free-food hunters. It feels like only the size of our cock and wallets matter. If you really like him it doesn't matter how much of a tightwad he is unless you just want him for his money. Get a job and buy your own crap or do what many do and advertise on Backpage/W>M.

• I'm in it for 50/50. That way I can't be used for as a wallet. I do treat from time to time but I learned not to give anymore than I am willing to lose. There are women out there who will only see a man who they can get something from rather than sharing their time/life with the person. The ones that actually WANT to be with the guy are the ones I personally look for. Of course this is also about getting to know if your a good match in the first place.

• No. Usually , when these type of guys give you anything , it will be a big thing. Only if he is a very poor guy , then , he can show his richness by offering his wholesome love to you. And getting such love is a very precious thing to have.

• It means you should find another guy.

• if you are paying for yourself then the answer is no.
    if you are paying for him also then the answer is yes.
    the same thing applies for girls also so guys should remember this.

• No it doesn't mean that at all, why do women need to make problems where there aren't any? Who cares if you pay your own share? Why is that such a problem? You're over 18, stop with the kid shit and buy your own food.

• I feel like he doesn't care about me at all. Not even paying for a coffee... I would like to buy him things but he never pay for anything...

• No I meant, he ordered way more in food, and then insisted we split it 50/50 even though I ordered very little.

Tbh, I think he was low on money and just didn't want to be polite and ask me.

• But, probably not a good example... he was kinda lame.

• Sorry but the guy should always pay for your share.

• did you tell him to pay for you?

• They're strange, I never meet a women like that. Maybe it's a cultural difference then. Women like being women and let the man be the man.

• He is using you

• With questions like this you'll be lonely and pathetic. Like Trumps wife.

• no. why? because he believes in equality not being cheap

• Equality when he have a lot more money than me? He can't even be nice and pay for my coffee...

• equality of opportunity to make more money.

• We doesn't all live in a big city or are smart enough to have this much money...

• I hope not, I don't know your guy personally

• He could be a penny pincher for sure. Myself i like to pay for dates when taking a girl out i don't want be a cheap skate.

• Are you saying a guy you're seeing doesn't ever pay? Then who does? You or you guys go dutch? How long have you been dating?

• he pay his meal, I pay mine. Even with friends we don't do that.

• He want it to be like that so (but it disturbing me)

• Probably is afraid of getting taken advantage of, which is understandable.

• do you mean he expects u to go dutch everytime?

• We always pay for our own meals. It's like we are only friend

• i think a guy should pay for the first date but after that each person should pay for their own meals

• Tfak -.-'

• No. Just not yet.

• Why does it matter if he buys you stuff? That's the mindset of someone who wants to be spoiled.

• I always be spoiled, what's wrong with that? Even my friends spoil me

• Yeah. People only tend to agree with those that agree with them, while completely ignoring challenging opinions. Just a close minded personality trait.

• @Lopezz1999 yes indeed oh well as long as she's happy

• Maybe he just doesn't have enough money at the time. But should you be more conceaned with spending time with him and getting to know him instead of getting stuff?

• he have a lot more money than me. I don't want getting stuff but he won't even pay for my coffee...

• Why are you with such a loser? Why degrade yourself just to be with someone, when they take advantage of you?

• What do you mean by taking advantage of me?

• If he never pays for anything on dates, is he just scamming the dates, or are you paying?

• I pay for my meal he pay for his own

What Girls Said 8

• Why is it important that he buys you things if you truly like him?
    I don't date and I just can't stand the mindset of people who date anymore...

• When you like someone you but them things, at least a paying for my coffee won't kill him...

• That just proves that you and your friends are spoiled...

• Are you being serious or are you trolling?

• Why date him anymore? If he doesn't pay in any of your date. You can share at times or take turn but not spending any penny? Well that is a red flag for me.

• I understand you completely because this is how my parents showed me affection growing up. The only way really lol!

But just know, that it's not really the normal way of showing affection. You should be more open to the other ways he shows he cares about you.

People that aren't obsessed with money (like my parents) have better ways of showing they care.

At the same time, be aware that he's not taking advantage of you either, of course. I had a guy that told me he hated taking girls out on nice dates and loved that I enjoyed hanging out at the park, he told me he would never buy a girl flowers because they were killing them to produce them (-.-), and generally seemed to hate being in a relationship.

I don't think the fact he didn't pay for anything was a problem... but the fact he kept talking about it like he didn't enjoy doing nice things for his girlfriend did bother me. lol! But... it's not something you break up over if you like him. Just tell him how you feel.

• Dating doesn't mean he pays for everything. Maybe you should surprise him and take the initiative and just asked for one check and you pay for everything. Take the lead and maybe he'll return the favor. When it comes to relationships no matter which part you're packing you have to be in it together relationships are 100/100 not 50/50. he may just be reserving himself right now and seeing what he really thinks of the relationship and where it may or may not go. If I was in your shoes

• Omgosh lol freaking phone is acting up. But anyways if I was you, take the initiative and just pay for everything the next time.

• Yes but I don't like it. I like when a man take the lead and I just have to follow

• He will. Maybe he just needs a push and for you to show you see him as an equal.

• Oh my god who the hell cares

• He may once in a Blue moon be considerate With... Buying you a Little Something.
    However, for Now Somehow, he is Showing his True Colors Here, dear, by being a Cheap Skate, and may not Pan out to be a very good Mate.
    Good Luck. xx

• Is it one of the things you want in a relationship? that's sad

• Even my friends pay for my meal sometime so if my date doesn't there's something wrong. i'm wondering if he will never pay for anything for me. Giving gift is a normal things.

• does he pay for his own share?

• he pay for his part only on each date

• in my experience he won't but tbh if you're looking for that type of relationship men can usually smell it a mile off. pay for your own things and don't worry about it, if you like him it shouldn't matter.