I've been single since 2005?

This is my online dating profile and it hasn't changed much in 4 or 5 years. I've been on 3 or 4 dating websites over the years and I very rarely get responses or someone that's interested. Single since 2005 and any pointers from women would be great.

I guess you could describe me as one of the last real men around. I'm a flowers and chocolates kind of guy. I believe in the definitions of words like integrity and compassion. I love working with my hands, If it can be fixed I can fix it. I believe in working hard, I also believe in honesty. I'm very outgoing. I never have trouble fitting in to any surrounding. I'm an Intelligent guy that enjoys culture. I have a kind heart, I feel the pain and plight of others. Very generous, very giving, spontaneous and charismatic. I'm always the life of a party and I love to smile.

I like trying out new restaurants on the weekend, or taking in a movie at the cinema. I love staying active and keeping in shape. I don't lie and don't engage in drama or discord towards others. I have 4 tattoos and plan to get more. I love to draw. I have old world values, like the 4 cardinal virtues, Justice, Fortitude, Prudence and Temperance. I enjoy making someone smile if they are having a bad day. I look up to people like Albert Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington and Oscar Wilde. I love fixing cars of any kind, sipping on really good black coffee and being positive when everyone else is not.

I try to learn a new poem once every month. I must know between 100 and 200 off the top of my head. I love good small talk. I've been single since 2005, which is why I'm on here. My favorite song of all time is Bruce Hornsby's - Mandolin Rain.

45

Most Helpful Girl

• Its way too much to take in for a start, you need to shorten it as it comes off as rambling.
    As for the learning poems etc doesn't need to be on there
    Also take off the 'single. since 2005' it comes across as your either fussy or there's something wrong

Most Helpful Guy

• That's way too over the top, meanwhile guys are getting 100 matches a day on Tinder and they don't even have a bio.

What Girls Said 3

• Never been on any dating site BUT what you wrote is too much. Also you keep on saying "single. Since 2005" that just makes you seem that you are needy, or like desperate to have someone, which can drive girls away. Put SOME of your info and leave the other for when the girl messages you, if you say it all there then you won't have the "lets get to know the basic stuff about each other" conversation. Don't be too available (as like, all your information is out there for everyone)

• You look like u have a pain in ur neck in your pic.
    Take care of that first.

• Stop saying "since 2005." You sound too perfect/not real/catfish even boring. Say something opinionated/conversational/imperfect or something that ticks you off like you can't stand panda bears or something crazy about your job. Make them laugh and make them feel some emotion. Best of luck.

by the way why were you single since 2005? You never answer the question.

What Guys Said 4

• You bio sounds like a typical Nice Guy (tm) in the making. Like, the type of guy a woman would want to go shopping with but not date.

• I've been single for 19 years, beat that.

• Going to try not to be harsh. You basically sound all rainbows and unicorns, and have repeated a few things or concepts in a few places.

Hope this helps, best of luck to you.

• TMI, you need to maintain an air of mystery instead of divulging everything right off the bat. Being straightforward is good, but you should let a woman discover your nuances over time so she can learn to appreciate them. I think a bio should be more fun and inviting than biographical. You pretty much just want the person to read it and think you would be a fun/interesting person to meet. They can learn your life story later. The overly emphatic virtue signaling seems cheap, and it's all over the top. But I'm a guy so what do I know. Better luck meeting people in person if you have at least average looks and social skills.