Is it inappropriate to keep pictures up of you and your ex kissing and being romantic?

My bfs ex still has TONS of pictures on instagram and Facebook of the two of them kissing. She cheated on him and has been with the guy she cheated with for over a year now. I'm just curious why she wouldn't want to delete at least the pictures they are kissing in?

Sidenote: he has no pictures of her or with her on his social media, it's all on her part.

Most Helpful Girl

• The moment I get in a new relationship I will take down every picture with an ex. I wouldn't post pictures kissing in the first place though.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't know why, but I don't think that it's really important. He's with you now, he has no pictures and he can't control what she does on her social medial. Since he's commited to you, nothing else matters. The one who should be worried is her boyfriend.

• Some people treat social media sites like Facebook as a visual diary of their life events. I have an ex who has over 16,000 photos stored on FB, let alone instagram and other accounts.
    I don't know if she still has photos of us together, and it wouldn't bother me if she does.
    I think that one of the biggest problems with the internet is that you will always find what you're looking for. The question for me is, why are you looking?

• It's inappropriate if you have a new partner, if she were single I wouldn't think it's inappropriate, but kind of stupid.

• I still have pics of me and my ex kissing, not on social media though, only on my phone. But it does hurt to see them though 😳 The only reason I can think of is that she just wants to make someone jealous.

• I had this weird habit of mine about not deleting any electronic data unless my storage space runs out.

Out of respect, I will untag myself out of photos with an ex, but not completely delete them.

• Ignore her, she is just being a stupid cretin, she is probably showing off in some way to please herself!

• It's the same moral dilemma of keeping nude photos of your ex.
    I still keep them here, photos of her that could potentially ruin her life, and she shows her face on it.
    Since I've got dignity as a man, I haven't ever shared to anyone, however, it's not supposed to be an issue.
    Keeping these things is completely subjective to you and if you don't feel anything wrong, what's the deal? As long you're not doing anything immoral with it, I don't see why it is "anti-ethical".

• i would have deleted every damn post, picture or anything related to that whore

• He has no pictures she has them on her page

• oh i read that wrong. i don't know. she cheated on him and still has pictures of him on her sites. maybe she doesn't care or still has feelings for him regardless of the bullshit she pulled

• She's doing this to cause trouble between you two.

• yes, it it... hurtful, too.

• its definielty weirdf

What Girls Said 11

• Probably b/c he's basically lazy and we ALL love the good old days of comfort, love & nothing ahead expected to go wrong
    YOU should simply ignore it, it has nothing to do with you and consider it a security blanket that eventually will disappear on its own w/o your fingerprints on the event (ergo no consequences) thereafter you'll take him out to celebrate but he'll not know why.
    Had same problem with his Playboy subscription (hate Hugh Hefner "debasement" of women) but when giving him a real life "Playmate" in action, he soon decided on his own to spend that money on ME = no more Playboys

• of course
    I would not date someone who keeps his ex's belongings/including text messages, love letters, etc

Oh wait, you are talking about the ex girlfriend
    Well, yeah it is inappropriate. I would prefer if the boyfriend would tell her to delete them.
    If she doesn't I don't know if he can really do anything about it; so just block her and ignore her

• I actually feel quite bad reading through the comments because I still have some old pictures of me and my ex on my Facebook. Not loads, just a few, and none of them are of us kissing or anything because I wouldn't take those kinds of pictures, nevermind put them on social media.

In my defense it's only been a few months and my boyfriend doesn't have Facebook. Me and my ex broke up more on "mutual" terms as well so it felt like blocking his family and removing pictures would cause more drama than anything. Plus they are still memories.

That being said, I think it is a bit weird (lol). I would at least delete the pictures of kissing. Perhaps she's not quite over it or just hasn't thought to delete them?

• Of course it is inappropiate but it's her problem now, the only thing that matters is that your boyfriend doesn't have any pictures with her on his social media

• Maybe she just doesn't care.. Its hard to tell. I never go though my old photos so I know there are some old pics on there of me and some exs, but I just ain't bothered.. if she keeps her social media clean though, I have no idea why she wouldn't delete it.. maybe she wanna remember it.. not erase the past and so on..

• Probably doesn't care that they are still up or has them cause it's good memories of their relationship.

• I think it's just bad taste to document those sorts of things on social media to begin with... but he damn well better get rid of them.

• I mean I have pics of me and my Ex somewhere on my Instagram I'm too lazy to erase them plus I look cute the real question is why are you lurking

• My ex boyfriend still has our pics on his social media. Even though He broke up with me for another woman. Than he deactivated his account and now he is back but still has our pics on their. Weird I know...

I deleted all mine. Hurtful memories.

But maybe for them their just memories of what once was. It's the past.

• I guess she just doesn't care at all

• yes it is inappropriate if you have a new bf/gf