What should I get my friend with benefits for his birthday?

We've been hanging out for a couple months now. If our relationship was strictly physical, I probably wouldn't get him anything, but we're friends as well, and enjoy hanging out and such. "Casual dating" might be a more accurate term for us.

• Take him out to dinner, my treat
    22%(9)22%(14)Vote23%(5)
  • Gift card to a store he frequents
    22%(9)21%(13)Vote18%(4)
  • Other
    12%(5)17%(11)Vote27%(6)
  • Get him nothing
    44%(18)40%(25)Vote32%(7)
Thanks for your input! I ended up just buying him dinner.

Most Helpful Guy

• Gift card, fast food dinner at Zaxbys or Taco Bell or something and of course really passionate sex.

Get him girl.

Ps. I really hope it develops into more. I feel in my opinion that friends with benefits is a transition into love.

• I am quite fond of him lol, but this sort of laid back, no-pressure relationship between us is exactly what I need right now. If he were to propose a relationship in the future, I'd probably go for it, but I'll be totally fine if this is all we ever do. :)

• Honestly you don't have to propose anything. It's creating itself naturally and those always last longer than those that have to be talked about. I hope you too have a happy future.

What Guys Said 12

• I say give him a small trinket gift such as a gift card, but don't do more than $20. No need to add pressure to him when you two aren't committed.

• An STD?
    Or maybe you gave him one last year.

(What's with this friends with benefits thing?)

• Lol he's only the second guy I've ever slept with. The first was a long term relationship who I believed I would marry. Don't be so quick to judge.

• You distrust him because he's male? I say that speaks volumes.

Yeah you'd hate to have a daughter in her mid 20s who's sexually active. Get realistic.

• Personally, I wouldn't trust either of you.
      A lot of it is the whole friends with benefits thing.
      It reduces sex to a mere biological function, like sneezing, vomiting or defecating.
      Sorry, call it the romantic in me, I couldn't do it.

• why dont u do something u haven't before in the bedroom or spend the nigh together having a fun sleep over or doing something fun like camping. i've done that with friends with benefits it was fun

• Maybe something he fantasizes about. That u don't dont do very offen.

• You're a booty call, don't make this weird for me 😒

• You got the wrong girl, love 😉

• Ok... you realize how you're making a nice gesture into something akin to romance? I'd explain what that is to you, but since ur a friends with benefits I'd be wasting my time

• We may be friends with benefits, but we are friends. I'm not trying to be romantic but I'd feel bad getting him nothing.

• Ask him!!

• Condoms

• Condoms for the win!

• Are you sure you're just friends with benefits?

• We're definitely a little more than that, but we both agree that a full on relationship is off the table. But we do hang out and go on dates.

• It's the dates part that I'm questioning. If you don't want to be in a relationship, but you're more than fwbs and go on dates, what exactly are you? Open relationship of some sort?

• It's just dating. No labels or anything.

• T shirts

• Other. Blow him super hard.

• A new toy for the bedroom. Maybe some handcuffs or a sexy costume (for either of you)

What Girls Said 14

• Giftcard in my opinion. It's not too personal but shows you still made an effort as his friend. Going out to a meal as your treat is a bit too "coupley" and might look more like a date. But if you're "casually dating" then it might not be that weird. Really depends on the two of you.

• Yeah it wouldn't be weird; we used to go out on dates all the time before we decided that eating out was expensive lol

• Usually I would say nothing, but since he is more than a fuck to you then get him a video game that he wants or like. So every time he plays it he will think of you. If he is not into video games then get him something that he can use frequently... or something he's been wanting for a while but never took the time out to buy it.

• Honestly nothing. Just spend time with him if you two are together that day

• Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't get him anything because I wouldn't want to look like a clinger. You should acknowledge his birthday though and offer to go out for drinks or something else if you don't drink but nothing major

• He's just fucking you don't be weird

• Not the case. We hang out and go out on dates as well.

• He's not your boyfriend hanging out isn't a date he is just having sex with you don't make it more than what it is until and unless it is more

• Nothing.. he's just friends with benefits.. why so many fwb's lately?

• Nothing. I think that would make it weird.

• nothing

• treat him lunch or giftcard

• Nothing

• Do his fetish?

• head

• nothing better end this relation its very nasty really

• But he's so good in bed 😜

• @I-am-a-nobody Oh no, a stranger on the internet doesn't approve of my actions. How ever will I cope?

• I'm sure you'll manage... until you get an STD or he tells you what he REALLY thinks of you.
      I know..."But he's so good in bed".
      (And then they whine about "passing judgment" and "slut shaming".)

• Give him the gift of penetrating your anus.