Pls read description--how to let a guy down that you've lead on?

This guy I met online wants to meet up just to hookup. I was fine with that because it was the basis of my profile and what I was looking for. We talked a few weeks and never could meet so it's dragged on. He keeps talking to me all the time. Just about his day and my day and we watch the same shows so we can message about them etc just random convo. We made plans for tomorrow almost 2 weeks ago and now I want to back out. We've been talking so much I don't think I can keep him as a friends with benefits because I'm starting to really like him. which sounds dumb but we do talk constantly and get along well. It's been going on a month. Instead of hooking up I want to cancel so I will never know what I can't have. I want to say something like "I'm starting to like you too much and we can't just hook up so I know we aren't on the same page now and I can't do it."

40

Most Helpful Girl

• You haven't led him on though because you said you like him. Leading on would be if you didn't mean what you said and only did it for an ulterior motive. It's interesting that he hasn't lost interest in you either, I'd say that's not a typical sign of a hookup, but I've never hooked up with anyone so not sure. I think you should meet him once but if you feel comfortable telling him that you really like him then do so. You never know he may feel the same way. I met my husband online and I wasn't even looking for a relationship. Crazy how things work out sometimes.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Just be like, you know what? I think I have a change of heart and I thought I wanted something casual but talking to you makes me realize I would like something more with the person I decide to hook up with. If he backs out at least you were honest and he knows your intention. He should get the message and know how to act. Stop misleading him if you plan on backing out.

• Be straight up. He's a stranger you "met" from a dating site. You have no obligation to give a long-winded explanation. Just tell him you have changed your mind, sorry if he feels like you wasted his time. Then end contact and ignore him if he sends rude msgs.

• just tell him that, but be firm in ur convictions and don't hook up with him again