Does he not like me that much?

My boyfriend and i have been together for a while and i realised that he has never given me presents. i have given him plenty of them and for stuff he likes and one was very expensive for Christmas but he got his best friend a present but not me. he has never given me anything at all. he just pays for food. even my mum finds this concerning.

21

What Guys Said 1

• Well gifts should be spontaneous rather than expected. I can see your concern however, if you gave him a present for Christmas while he didn't. Is this the only concern you have about this? Or does he do other things that you're not entirely content with?

If it's just the presents, I would recommend against comparing quantity to quality.

• im not very materialistic and only noticed when my mum tells me and stuff. We did have problems when i discovered him sexting other girls and he's gone secretive with his phone when at the start he would hand it to me no problem

• Yeah that's definitely a problem. And he's not very good at hiding it, if he's being secretive about his phone all of a sudden. Have you had arguments about stuff like this before?

What Girls Said 2

• How did you just now "realize" that he didn't get a Christmas present? Sounds to me like you just didn't care until someone else told you that you should care.

One the one hand, gifts shouldn't matter, you shouldn't base the depth of his love on "stuff" or money spent. One the other hand, it is a dick move to buy his friend a gift when he didn't get one for his girlfriend.

• have you talked to him about it?