Guys, if a girl asks for your number, would you start a conversation? And girls got any advice?

I asked for a guys number I hadn't met more than him serving me my meal at a restaurant, we exchanged numbers, now do I start a convo or will he? and what would you want a girl to say?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Ideally you should text him that same day (unless it's super late, in which case text the next morning)
    "John, nice meeting you today! :)
    -Sarah"

this sets the premise for conversation and makes any later texts less awkward.
    if you're already passed the day of and the day after, then just wait for 3 days after you met and if he hasn't text you by then text him.
    mention his name, your name (in case he forgot), and focus on finding out his schedule so you two can set up a time to meet.

• Sounds so easy but unfortunately it does not happen like that usually

• as in you just don't text him? or you've never followed those steps before?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if it feels like you want to message him, just message him. there's no rules when it comes to this stuff, just go with your gut. Say hey, remind him who you are, and ask if he wants to meet up :)

What Guys Said 7

• Hell yeah! Wish women asked for men's numbers more.

• I'd give a false number to be rid of her.

• "Hey nameofguy, it's the girl from the restaurant. Want to meet up for lunch or coffee tomorrow?"

• I'll wait a day or two and if she seemed interesting then I'd message her if she hasn't done it yet

• I might start it

• If you like him send a text x

• Say hi to him

What Girls Said 1

• Hi! It's me Anonymous from the restaurant. Are you free this weekend?