Best place to meet men in your 30's?

I've tried online dating, church, work, going through friends, and even saying hi to the guys in the produce department at Wholefoods. Nothing has worked to meet a decent guy. I don't drink and bars make me uncomfortable (as well as I'm not looking for a hookup). I have thought about maybe taking a class of some sort, but all the classes at the local college are more expensive than actually going to school there. I've run out of ideas on how to meet a guy. Anybody have any good ideas?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Try not looking. Just have fun and it will happen when you least expect it. Trying too hard can be a turnoff when you are interacting with guys.

• But I don't interact with them is the problem. The only guys that even try to interact with me are married or old enough to be my dad.

Most Helpful Girl

• The dating scene has changed a lot, especially in the past 5-10 years. Can I suggest you read Modern Romance by comedian Aziz Ansari? I initially picked up for a good laugh, but I was surprised at how well researched it was from a sociological perspective. I learned a lot from it, because it wasn't like a typical dating book full of anecdotes. There were lots of statistics and pie charts backed by research and focus groups, and it explained how people used to meet and fall in love and contrasted that to modern times. The whole world has become so accessible to us, and that phenomena has made us lazy; it warped the way we are represented to others because our digital presence is often very different from our real world selves.

Anyhow, I found the book humorous and eye opening, and feel it helped me. There's a lot of content there that might help you work through your personal hurdles. Good luck to you!

What Guys Said 2

• haha trust me the guys feel the same way.. im tired of meeting bar bunnies and party girls but damn hard to meet a decent woman around my own age

• I just can't figure out a way to meet them and it's so frustrating. I had finally thought I met a guy online and only ended up getting played. Apparently you can't even trust the nerdy tech dudes to not be players anymore.

• The South, which may be why it's so hard, with the southern hospitality and all.

• haha well im in korea but with any luck ill be back in oklahoma soon enough

• Time travel back 10 years to your 20s?

• If I could go back and not work 70+ hour weeks while going to school part time for 8 years then I may have met someone. But we all make choices I suppose.

• We sure do.

What Girls Said 1

• Grocery stores, walking your dog, running and doing exercise outside, through networking events.

• Yeah, already say hi to people at the grocery store, can't have pets where I live, it's equally shady to be outside exercising (several girls have been attacked within a relative close distance to me, so had to get a gym membership, boo), and my job is not one that involves networking.