Is there any point in being in the friendzone?

My friend rejected me and now i'm having a real hard time continuing to be friends with her because she is dating someone else but she keeps asking to hang out i went to lunch with her today and while it was nice i just don't see the point in being her friend it's also very hard because i fell hard for her is there any point in continuing to be friends with her she always talks about guys and its like she has no consideration for my feelings i hate being in the friendzone it really sucks because i have to sit there while she's off with other guys i need opinions thank you.

36

Most Helpful Girl

• This is why the "Friendzone" is both a myth and also ridiculous. You can't be "put" in it, you choose whether to remain friends with someone (or force a friendship because they won't date you) or not after they reject you (assuming you actually tell them you want more than friendship). So since you didn't want friendship, but she only offers friendship, then don't be her friend if you don't want to be that close to her while you only get hurt seeing her give what you wanted to someone else. You can have other friends, you don't need to be friends with someone who rejected you, because as you know, you want more and that places unfair expectations on her, and you know she doesn't want more, but she takes advantage of your feelings and uses you for companionship and friendship, knowing full-well it hurts your feelings to see her with someone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only point, so to speak, is the friendship. If you can't handle it being just friends then the friendship may prove more trouble than it's worth. You perhaps need some time and space in which to get over your feelings. There is no point hanging around if you're just hoping that she will come round. Chances are that she won't. She is not considering your feelings because you're a friend and it's okay to talk about relationships with friends. It's not her fault that you feel more for her than she does in return. If you tried to get her to not mention other guys then she'll likely just pull away from you altogether. You don't want some watered down version of the friendship because then it truly will be worthless to you.

What Girls Said 2

• Friendzone =Friendship. The point of the friendzone is to be friends with someone. If all you wanted in the first place was a romantic relationship and you can't be friends now, you were never her friend. If that's the case save yourself and her the awkwardness of a forced friendship.

• If it causes you pain, then there's no point.
    Sounds like she's a bit inconsiderate of your feelings too, which I'm sure is not helping.

What Guys Said 5

• Your solution is to meet other girls. They will always dwindle your feelings for a single girl since there are multiple girls in your life now. Your life doesn't revolve around one girl, so don't let that happen. A helpful tip*: You can always control whether or not you enter that zone. If you happen to fall in it, learn from your mistakes, keep moving forward, and attempt to find a girl that's more attractive than the one you lost.

• Look at it this way you may have not progressed further into a relationship with her - but you at the end of the day don't leave with nothing since you clearly have a good female friend which is a good asset. She clearly still sees you as a great friend since she still wants to hang out with you and spend time around you.

I would highly recommend you try to move on away from her if possible. I don't honestly see a relationship being viable between both of you.

However, a positive of having female friends is sometimes they hook you up with others like in my case. I was hooked up with my female friends best friend and it worked out great and unexpected. Female friends are valuable due to this so it's well worth remaining her friend.

• She only has one female friend i wish she had more

• yeah, you can use the friendship as a vehicle to get unrestricted access to all her female friends. if the friendship goes well you can even use her as an informant so you can get intel on your high priority targets.

• If you don't want to be just friends then stop being friends

• Feeling the same bro