How to forgive?

I was having a conversation with my boyfriend. I was feeling self conscious and asked him if he would like me better if I was skinnier. He said yes, and afterwards he realized that he said something very stupid. I want to forgive him, I do. We all say stupid things and do stupid things, but I just can't bring myself to do it. How do I forgive him?

21

What Guys Said 1

• Jeez. Uncaring guy responded. I have no idea what you look like nor does it matter, tbh. Forgiveness begins with understanding someone made a mistake and is *truly* sorry for it. If you feel he is, the ball shifts to your court. It's up to you at that point to determine if the insult was so bad you can never recover, or if you can give him another chance. If you do give him a chance, make it an honest one. Don't ever bring it up again, ever. I can't stress that enough. If he's really sorry, he won't either. But if he does it again - let him have it with both barrels.

What Girls Said 2

• It's because the comment undermined your confidence, not to mention you probably feel unaccepted by your boyfriend now, so talk about how it made you feel and see if his response and reassurance is enough to make you feel better.

• I think you forgive him but you can't forget it