Why do girls always sound so unsure of themselves when I ask them out?

I realized I've still never had a girlfriend, and so I stopped being a wuss and started asking them out. Well so far it's been a disaster.

I started approaching random women, I thought women like balls right? I walked up to a random woman who looked nice and asked her if she wanted to grab coffee sometime. That's not weird right? Well she looked visibly flustered, and then basically made fun of me saying "Did you really just ask me out without knowing me? You can't do that".

I've had a couple responses like that. I ask women out and a lot of times they make it awkward, rather than just accepting my invitation to go out, or saying "no" they always say things like "Well why do you want to date me?", "I dont really know you", "I'm busy so maybe another time" etc.

If they don't know me isn't a date a way to solve that problem?

Wtf is their problem?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• If you ask straight out the bat, they will get freaked out. You have to casually begin a conversation, introduce yourself, then mention you should have a cup of coffee sometime again because she is an interesting person, hand her your number. Done!

Most Helpful Guy

• That's why I'm still single, at least you're trying and yet they wonder why we won't normally approach

What Girls Said 5

• Its intimidating to be approached. We don't always know if your motives are pure. From a young age we're tought that strangers are dangerous. Sexual assault happens all the time. Women are raised to be cautious especially around men.

• you came on too strong and caught them off guard

• i would start with a little more small talk first.. but these women kinda seem superficial and that's why they didn't respect you having the confidence to ask them out

• yeah I don't date a guy that I don't already know in some way. Being approached by a stranger and asked out on the spot wouldn't work for me or anyone I know.

• Because itll come across as creepy or desperate to just go off with a stranger

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!