Those of you with a SO, do you have many friends of the opposite sex that you still talk to a lot/text everyday?

And does your SO know about it, if you have one?
how do they feel about it?
Do you think it's wrong or weird at all?

Bump

175

Most Helpful Guy

• I do have many , although my wife and I do this together at once. We're very transparent with each other and have nothing to hide.

Most Helpful Girl

• A few. I talk to them on Facebook everyday or every few days. I only recently moved back to my hometown so I kinda got back in contact with a few of my old friends (mostly the girls though lol).

1. My gay friend who I've been friends with since primary school.
    2. Another gay friend who I used to live with at uni.
    3. My friend who used to live on the same street as me as a kid. Contacted him for a catch up and to see how his twin sister is doing these days, since she doesn't have Facebook.
    4. My ex from about 4 years ago. This one's a bit weird and I don't talk to him much. He contacted me to basically warn me that this person, who once harassed us both, had shown up again. He showed the proof too so it wasn't just an excuse or anything. We had a bit of a catch up since there were no hard feelings.

My boyfriend knows about every single one and doesn't mind at all. Probably because I'm complaining about how boring they can be to talk to XD I don't think it's wrong or weird. But I would never let it go too far. With the 3rd guy, he's had feelings for me before a loooongggg time ago (10 years or so). If I found out he did again I'd just not talk to him anymore.

My boyfriend talks to his ex as well every so often. But they've been broken up 8 years or so and haven't met up since or anything. It does worry me a bit sometimes but I'd rather deal with that than be one of those girls "oh you're not allowed to talk to her". Since his other ex did that all the time and thought he always had feelings for her. I was his friend back then and used to talk to him about it. He says he didn't like her at all and she was in a relationship anyway.

What Guys Said 4

• No, I have had very few female friends in my life, irrespective of whether I had an SO or not.

• Mine is different. I'm polyamorous.

My SO has met and let's me chat to my girlfriend and play partner. I message women often. If anything gets Physically serious, I have to chat to my SO about it. We have a 9:00pm cut off though for msgs. So I can't text/phone after that.

In our relationship, cheating is not telling the other who we speaking to.

• No I don't but I would like too lol

• \_(•~•)_/

What Girls Said 16

• I do, and my husband knows. We still take time everyday to only spend with each other - phones down. My friendships aren't sexual or romantic and if he ever asked to see them there is nothing at all I'd be uncomfortable with him reading but he respects my privacy.
    If he ever felt uncomfortable though I would adjust my behaviour

• Yeah, i do and he couldn't care less. I don't think it's weird or wrong, I'm allowed friends and they're his friends too anyway so it's all good 😂

• we both have opposite-sex friends, and we're both cool with each other keeping in contact with those friends.

nothing weird about it, unless there's a specific friend your so always hangs out with alone.

• I have two. My friend from middle school who I talk to almost every day because we are in a group chat and
    The other is my boyfriends best friend who just moved to a different state so we keep in contact. My boyfriend doesn't care because he trusts me. It's not wrong or weird unless you're doing something wrong.

• It's fine to have friends of the opposite sex. But it's not good to have best friends of the opposite sex when you're in a relationship. Because you'd be spending time and energy and share your life with them instead of your significant other..

• Yes my boyfriend knows and he's fine with it and I'm also fine with him being friends with girls. Relationship is about trust and honesty.
    It's not wrong and it's not weird.

• Lots of friends yes including opposite sex. Yes always chat. Why would my boyfriend be concerned about that?

• I have a lot of nerd guy friends who I really like a lot, but it bothered my ex as hell. He had hot girl friends and I was okay for a while 😂

• I have just one very close friend who I talk to everyday who I met before my current boyfriend. I always had friends of the opposite friend and I still talk to all of them but not as much as I used to of course

• no, not really. I mean i text his best friend a lot, but its because they have known each other for more than 20 years. Also, I am not interested in that person at all other than we completely shit on my boyfriends life when we all hangout. lol

• as long as your just friends not sexual attraction or activity its fine

• yeah I have

• Yes - he knew I was that way a loooong time prior
    and also trusts me, even times when he's stalked to confirm I'm true blue

• I'm married, and I do have one male friend. We never meet up alone , because I view that as inappropriate and disrespectful to my husband. I'll take my husband if he needs to meet up to chat face to face.

I don't keep in contact with him regularly though , but I'd never hide anyone or anything from my husband. That would be weird , and it would show I'd have an ulterior motive, which i don't and wouldn't

I value my husband's trust in me, so I'd never do anything that gives him a reason to doubt my trust

• I have a couple of guy friends I talk to daily.
    One of them is a friend I've had for forever, close to ten years. The other I have slept with before, and even though he's also in a relationship, I'd sleep with him again given the opportunity. It's probably a good thing he lives overseas...

• I don't have a SO. Nor do I have any friends.