I lied to a girl about my height to get with her?

Ok so I'm 5'6 and I use Ok Cupid.
There was a girl I liked but her profile said she refused to date anyone who was shorter then 5'10 because she's 5'10.

So basically we started talking and agreed to meet. I ended up buying these low profile shoes that make you 4 inches taller, built in elevated sole and low profile stitching pattern and assembly. These shoes are made in such a way where you can't even tell the shoes are modified or anything.

So we met, had a good time hanging out and Eventually we had sex, but of corse I didn't take my shoes off till she was already in the bed. And we kept dating like this for several weeks and we are still hanging and dating, but it's mostly one of those temporary casual dating things that won't last long or turn into something serious.

And basically this whole time I have to be careful about where I take off my shoes, the time and place.

I know some people will say she is shallow for refusing to date people shorter then 5'10, but on the other hand she has every right to personal preference, some people might say if it's only casual then there's no point of being honest and since she's making a superficial demand I'm making a superficial decision, but other people will say it's lying and shady.

So what are your thoughts?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• It is not a superficial demand while your decision is superficial... She is being honest and you are not. Everyone has their own preference and women tend to not like dating men that are shorter than them. If a man is taller than we feel safer. No hard feelings. There's no point trying so hard to cover up yourself, she will find out eventually. Why put yourself in this torture in the first place. Well maybe she'll like you for who you are? If not, the worse thing that could happen is a no. Take is as that and move on.

• Take it as is*

• It is a superficial demand, or preference if you want to use that word. That's the very definition of superficial. I'm not even saying a superficial preference is a bad thing. I'm not using the word superficial as a dirty word.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do the same thing. I tell girls that I am black but that I straighten my hair and dye it blonde. You'd think that they'd see through it but so far its worked out

What Girls Said 2

• So you're lying about your height to get sex? That kinda pathetic. How about finding a woman who likes you no matter what you're height is. There are girls who don't mind dating guys your height.. you're even taller than so I wouldn't have a problem with that.

• I guess on some level because I wanted this girl badly, and it's hard to give that up.

• When she's finds out you're going to risk losing her.. perhaps the time you spent together will change her mind

• This is a roller coaster mess.
    I don't know what to tell you.

What Guys Said 2

• Dude she knows you lied and does not care. I'm sure that she also lied about something also. Online dating is like that.
    Women find everything out.

• I mean since she's 5'10 she's definitely going to notice you lied. If it was 2" or something you could cover it up but 4 inches. Be honest with her and if she likes you enough she'll stick. You both deserve better.