Would u date someone older than you, lets say 15 years or more?

What age difference is too big for you? Do u think there can be compatibility issues?

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is 15 years older than me. I've never been in love like this, before.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So U r enjoying this fully?

• Our problems together have nothing to do with our age difference. We DO have problems, like all couples, tho

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 92

• Too much. I think the max I'd go is 10 years.

0|0
    0|1
  • yes, I would date someone older than myself. No older than ~5 years more, though, as based on the experiences of some of my friends, many guys are pushing to settle down by the time they're in their early 30's. I'm not quite ready to get married/have kids just yet.

1|1
    0|0
  • I feel like 15 years is too much for me at this point. Even 10 years is pushing it. I need someone who I feel I can connect with and have stuff in common. I'm not sure someone who is 10 or even 15 years older than me would have a lot in common with me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I would date a guy 15+ years older than me...

My last boyfriend, was 42yo and I was 22yo.

TBH, and dont judge me, when I was 16yo, my boyfriend was 42yo.

The boyfriend after that was 42yo and I was 16yo... I was with him until I was 19yo.

I think the best age range is 15 to 20 yo...

0|1
    0|0
  • Well for me that's 45, I don't really see the issue. One of my good friends in hie early 40s and we are pretty much the same person so I think it would be fine. At 30 most people are pretty settled so I think the only thing that might be a bump in the road would be kids. Say if I wanted them, and he didn't at 45. That would be tough, but aside from that I don't see anything that might be an issue.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I would say 15 years is a bit of a stretch.. I think it's important that you are kind of in the same stage of life. If I dated someone that was 15 years older he would probably want children and I haven't even finished school. The relationship wouldn't be balanced so to speak

0|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely wouldn't mind if he is 15 years older than me OR a lot younger than me. Love is blind and age isn't important matter in love. My boyfriend is 14 years older than me and we are so much in love

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes, i am 28 and the maximum for me would be 33 ... not older...

0|3
    0|0
  • no. I wouldn't. I don't want my s/o dying so far ahead of me

0|2
    0|0
  • Too big a gap.

There are issues with lifestyles/milestones but also with a gap that large it's easy for it to look like a father/daughter relationship.

Regardless of looks the people will be at different parts of their lives. There is a small gap where it's similar but before you know it your boyfriend is retiring and you have another 15 years + to go while he sits at home and gardens.

My boyfriend is 4 years older and that's fine with me.

0|0
    0|1
  • No at this stage, but if I'd already had children or was a bit older myself I'd have no problem with it

0|1
    0|1
  • I would if I felt he was the right guy. If I was sure we'd spend the rest of our lives together, I really couldn't care less.

0|2
    0|0
  • yes, I dated and married a guy 9 years older than me.

0|1
    0|0
  • not anymore
    now, and while i can, i think i'd only date someone that's up to 34
    but my preference is around my age, like 25- 28

0|0
    0|1
  • I could date someone older. I think 15 is pushing it, but if I really liked the guy and we had a lot in common; then I don't see a problem with it. Especially if the guy was my type and interested in science like me. Then it would be ok I guess.

0|0
    0|1
  • Nah, I couldn't even date someone older than 26-7. Someone 15 years older would be 35, probably wanting to plan/start a family. Nope.

0|2
    0|0
  • I would go 10 years older tops. And if the guy was really youthful looking I could go 12. Past that.. no.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't I'm twenty five I'm growing and changing this is a person who either has already lived life and would be expecting to mold me or catch up to him or he hasn't grown at all it wouldn't work

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't think so. My boyfriend is 6 years older than me which works fine for us. I wouldn't want to date someone that much older than me though.

0|0
    0|1
  • He'd have to be really awesome. But no probably not. 15 years older than me would be 38 and that's old to have kids already and that's what I want eventually

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Girls

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 31

• When I was 18 , I went with a milf of 43 years old. lasted 12yrs till she passed. The greatest moments !!

1|1
    0|0
    • wow !! very interesting !!

• Show All
    • Great, wish you a wonderful parenthood.

• Asker Thank you... What about yourself?

• I try to go by the rule 5 years under/10 year over.
    Anything more then there is a disconnect.
    Going too far under I start feeling like a dirty old man.
    Going too far over I start finding only moms and cat ladies.

0|0
    0|0
  • once you pass the barrier of "I had already a job and a family, my life was already set and square, while you was still a vague itch in your dad's crotch"

then maybe it is bit too much, age different wise...

but who knows... love isn't that forgetting

0|0
    0|0
  • Age doesn't really matter as much aslong as your both over 18 however it varies on loads of factors.

1|1
    0|0
  • While I do usually prefer women older than me, 15 years is simply too large a gap for me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe to date casually but I don't think that we would last

0|1
    0|0
  • No, that's too much. I might date a woman 15 years younger, but it's unlikely. For one thing, she would have to be sure she didn't want children.

0|0
    2|0
  • 15 years older than me would be 53 so they'd have to look pretty damn amazing for me to consider it.

0|1
    0|0
  • No that's a big difference, of course there would be compatibility issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. There are issues. Are you talking for a LTR or just to fuck?

0|0
    0|0
    • LTR !!

• Are you talking about dating a woman 15 years older than you or 15 years younger?

The former is 'whoa, not so much'. The latter is 'fuck yeah'.

For a lot of reasons on both.

• Well I believe for guys the younger option is more practical ;)

• Date no. Fuck yes. If I was thirty something yeah I would

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer younger. I would date someone a bit older but not that much

0|0
    0|0
  • I've dated 9 years younger before but now I tend to stick to 6 years either way.

1|0
    0|0
  • If they look like Jennifer Aniston, than you bet!! She's such a babe!!

1|0
    0|0
  • 15 yrs? She'd be 85 thus? That seems a bit much.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Age is a number, its maturity that counts

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that would be robbing the grave. ;-)

0|1
    0|0
  • Doubtful. Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish i could get you but I'm too far xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I prefer older women.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys