What are the positives and negatives of dating older guys?

I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 28 but neither of us feel the 9 year age difference, we get along great.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dating someone 13 years older here.
    The ups, I know I can depend on him and he isn't immature relationship/ emotional wise. He already lost his wild hairs and he is really commited and serious. He knows how to act and interact with women and people in general. Having a sense of a stable future with him. He isn't sex crazed like younger men are. He is responsible, independant, strong.

What Guys Said 2

• There are biggest possible negatives is that your boyfriend seems mature compared to the 19-year-olds you know, but he's immature for a 28-year-old. You don't want to marry him and then find out that he's stuck at 23. That happened to a friend of mine. She was 18 and madly in love with her neighbor who had come back home at 29. They got married, had a baby, then she found out that he was completely irresponsible.

• One thing you will face is the fact that women peak earlier then men. Right around 25 is the slow decline into old age for men, the metabolism goes, the testosterone goes at like 34, so unless he is taking care of himself have fun propping him up at clubs because he wants to go to bed

• I'm not the going out type. I like quiet nights in or going to the park or the beach.

• That will benefit him, because health will be the first thing to rear it's ugly head when you date someone that much older than you

What Girls Said 1

• Last time I heard of a "couple" with those same numbers, the older guy left after sleeping with her.