My Fault or his overreaction?

I like this guy, but I also know he likes me. He brought me my fav candy, got me a stuffed animal, and took me out on dates multiple times. I met him through one of my other guy friends, and he and I are relatively close. I wanted to see if he truly liked me and asked my guy friend to pull a prank. I told the guy I like; I was dating our mutual friend. He seemed confused, then asked me more, and I kept going along with the story. He seems to be getting upset and just says he's going to bed, but my guy friend messages him saying we aren't dating (his part of the prank). Eventually, my guy friend admits it was a joke, and so do I, and he says fuck you to both of us, and was like "I can't believe you pranked me, LMAO, fuck you" then said, "Now I can trust either of you anymore." He still seems upset and not really wanting to talk to me, and he also doesn't seem to trust anything I say. I mean, did it hurt him or what?

49

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you that self-centered that you need this guy to prove his love to you? He spent time and money on you; isn't that enough? You have to emotionally abuse him in order to see how he feels about you. He has the right to be mad, and I hope he walks away from your relationship. I know I would.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it did. You played with his emotions. He liked you and you played an awful trick that broke his trust for you. Its going to be hard to make it up to him and honesty leads to trust, and since you lied you broke that trust. Trust is hard to make up and takes a long time to form again. He probably will never trust you again and if he dates you, he probably will be insecure with being with you. You probably still have a chance, but its now minimal.
    Think of it like this, the person your madly in love with loves you, but they later tell you that they are dating your bestfriend nonchalantly. You will feel heartbroken as you feel lied to and that you feel played, and later was told that it was all a joke. Your guy may now feel like that you don't care about him and that all the time you both had together was just a joke and that you planned this from the beginning. I'd wait to talk to him again and when you feel like that its possible to talk to him, apologize, but I can't guarantee that he will want to talk to you. In this situation, you should've thought about how he'd feel before you do it as your playing with someone's feelings. I hope he forgives you and that your able to get back into his graces.

What Guys Said 8

• That was just mean, I would feel awful if someone did that to me. That's your own damn fault, let things simmer down or say sorry, but he has every right to feel upset and betrayed. You took his trust and threw it in his face, then humiliated him and lied... that's just mean.

• You don't really like this guy do you? If you actually do, you have the best way of showing that you don't..

• That was not a prank, you just aren't honest enough to admit what it really was. if that were me, you'd never hear anything from me again. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Clearly that was playin with his emotions for you.. What if your crush did something like this to you

• u dont prank somone who is
    "relatively close"
    u know he likes u yet choose to play with his feelings
    shame on you

• Yeah lol what a bad idea. Broke his heart probably. Just wait for the fire to die off and talk to him when he is more calm.

• If someone I liked pulled this on me, I would feel destroyed.

• One thing is for sure. If you love some one don't ever try to pull a prank or hurt their feelings. Because all it takes is a single trigger to destroy every little feeling that a person might have had for you.

What Girls Said 3

• You were playing with his brain and he was prepared to be hurt. You made him show his vulnerability and he didn't like that.

Guys don't like games like this. Don't play with his emotions after you've had a lot of exchange that proves his affection. He probably immediately put up a guard in his mind that you weren't trustworthy, and if he likes you, that's difficult for him.

Best bet is to apologize and verbally communicate that you recognize you made him feel really small and like he'd been played. Be empathetic.

• What a stupid thing to do. If he's into you why would you think it's funny to play with his emotions?
    This is really childish and so unnecessary

• Yeah, that was a dumb thing to do, your fault. You never ever hijack trust in a relationship for the benefit of a laugh.